Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Doh View Post
    Thank God for that ... you really had me worried there!

Hello again, commuter.

I reread your original post ("ideally backpack") and concluded that you want the Synapse. It's really close to perfect; the only drawback is having to take it off to get into it (if you need to do this often, then the Buzz is handier).

Note: Some of us carry a Small Shop Bag in one of the pockets, in case more carrying is called for.

Hello again.

Though the "accessing while wearing" of the buzz is appealing, I don't really like the bottle on the side aspect and think it won't be as balanced as a backpack.

Now regarding colours. What is the difference between the Dyneema and "regular" colour bags?

Thanks,

The Dyneema is less likely to attract cat hair.

Also, it's a little lighter in weight (how much, I don't know; info not on product page). I don't think the difference is likely to be significant once you've loaded the Synapse and buckled it. This amazing bag actually seems lighter when it's got stuff in it.

Appearance: The Dyneema looks like graph paper, because some of the cross-threads don't take up dye. The Cordura is a solid color.

The Cordura feels a little rougher to the touch, but when it's on your back, you're not touching it.

Mine is black/solar Cordura.

Hi OK thanks.
    Seems like Dyneema is basically better then.
    I like the solar interior and ultraviolet exterior. It's a shame they don't make that combination. I might get steel Dyneema / solar Dyneema.

Now the tough part: decisions, decisions ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0