Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's talk colors and cat/dog hair.

We are delightfully burdened by a couple of fur monsters...

...and need to pick our fabrics and colors accordingly.

I can report that my Ristretto's navy in 1000c cordura is pretty susceptible to white cat hair in a way that my sapphire 1000d cordura Brain Bag is not. Also the steel (1000d cordura as well) shows more than I suspected it would. I have to de-lint the Ristretto nearly as often as I do my outfits. The good news it that the hairs remove easily, not weaving in and out like they do with some fabrics, wool for example.

For us TB fans with furballs, anyone particularly happy with a color/fabric combo from TB?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by beck View Post
    We are delightfully burdened by a couple of fur monsters...

...and need to pick our fabrics and colors accordingly.

I can report that my Ristretto's navy in 1000c cordura is pretty susceptible to white cat hair in a way that my sapphire 1000d cordura Brain Bag is not. Also the steel (1000d cordura as well) shows more than I suspected it would. I have to de-lint the Ristretto nearly as often as I do my outfits. The good news it that the hairs remove easily, not weaving in and out like they do with some fabrics, wool for example.

For us TB fans with furballs, anyone particularly happy with a color/fabric combo from TB?
    while some might call me a furball, i don't shed so much and so i can't speak authoritatively on what might be more or less ideal. but i imagine that the cork and ripstop dyneema fabrics may decrease the need for constantly reaching for the lint brush.

tom, darcy,

what do you think about a ristretto or cafe bag with an all cork exterior?

thanks!

AWWWWWWW!

I've only had my TB products for a short while, but my Iberian dyneema stuff doesn't appear to pick up cat or dog hair at all. My olive/cocoa Swift is still clean at the olive and cocoa parts, but the black bottom is picking up some hair. Not much, but some.

Is it bad that I've grown to accept the "love" that my own little monsters leave behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Is it bad that I've grown to accept the "love" that my own little monsters leave behind?
    I would consider it more pragmatic. One of my furballs in a calico tabby. With that many colors running around, I just gave up trying to fight it.

beck - Sorry, I don't have any furballs, but I LOVE the photo!

Oh I want another one! Your little furballs are darling. What a lovely picture!

Mine is multi-coloured and has long hair. I gave up with the fur sticking to everythign long ago, and just grab the lint roller before I head out the door.

Smile

Your furballs are adorable!

I had a tri color furball and she learned to shed strategically. White hair onto my DH's firefighter dress uniform, black hair onto anything white, and tan hair for everything else!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

To update my previous comments:

Olive and Cocoa do pick up pet hair, but on a scale of 1 (can't tell) to 10 (very obvious) given the mix of colors of my critters (grey and orange), I'd give them a 4 or 5. I temporarily stuck my Swift in a dusty corner while I was moving things around, and when I picked it up last night I noticed that some pet fuzz was sticking to it.

My dyneema accessories have been on the sofa and the floor, both of which can be fuzzy places, and they haven't picked up any pet fuzz yet. They still rate a 1 according to my arbitrary scale.

I wish everything came in ballistic. I had to buy a lint roller just for my cordura bags. (Black bags, white cat—he picked me at the adoption place.)

I returned my MCB in black/steel for the same exact problem. I have 2 furballs and I work in an animal hospital. Yes, hair everywhere... I do have a synapse in dyneema that seems to be ok. It does collect hair on the bottom.

My current everyday bag is a kipling bag. It is made of nylon and absolutely no pet hair. Here are my trouble makers at home. Beck, love your furbabies
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh so cute! I should show these pictures to my cat..."See? Having a little sibling wouldn't be so bad now would it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Oh so cute! I should show these pictures to my cat..."See? Having a little sibling wouldn't be so bad now would it?"
    Maria,

Definitely a good way to keep warm in Toronto...imagine 1 cat on your lap and 1 on your chest

Mine is a large fluffy Ragdoll breed, he seems to think being an only child is the only way to be. But at the moment, he is snuggled under a fleece blanket even with his long winter coat....so perhaps I can still convince him? It was - 33 C with the windchill when I was out this morning.

My cat doesnt know what -33 C is, far too cold for him and me come to think of it.
    He lives inside, as he is soft and he is so generous with his grey fur that I tend to accept it. Black doesnt stay black for very long in this house, it tends to quickly turn to grey,strangely enough. So I think twice before buying black, he also likes suitcases, which is another reason for them to be going (more room for TB bags).

OMG! -33C... I thought I was going to die when it was -12C in the Swiss Alps. We are definitely spoiled in California. It was 72F this afternoon...abnormally warm for this time of the year though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0