Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Western Star for Business?

I'm looking to go from a rollerboard to something smaller for one-night, overnight trips. I sometimes need to include a suit. Does anyone have any experience with the Western Flyer or do I need to go up one size to the Tri-Star?

Quote Originally Posted by jknoll View Post
    I'm looking to go from a rollerboard to something smaller for one-night, overnight trips. I sometimes need to include a suit. Does anyone have any experience with the Western Flyer or do I need to go up one size to the Tri-Star?
    Hi jknoll,
    I can easily pack 5 to 7 days (casual wear) in my WF. Since I don't wear suits I can't speak to that directly. Considering I can pack 5-7 days in it I'm sure you could do an overnight with a suit without any trouble. I also pack running shoes when I travel.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I also use the Western Flyer for overnights. During the summer, I had no problem putting clothing and toiletries in one compartment, and laptop in Brain Cell in the other. In the winter with heavier clothing, I use both compartments: toiletries, PJs, underwear in one; slacks and dress shirt in the other. Not sure about a suit, but it would probably fit. I find that the packing cubes help keep things pretty neat.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

I use my Western Flyer for one- or two-night business trips frequently and find it to be pretty close to perfect. I don't pack a suit, though, so I'm not sure how it would handle that.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0