Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Imago and Freudian Slip?

I use my Imago as my everyday bag, but lately, I have been wanting a little more structure.

So I wonder: does anyone use a Freudian Slip in their Imago?

bb

Volunteer Moderator
    hi bbcamp!

the freudian slip won't fit inside of the imago. what would you like to organize in your imago?

I would love a mini Freudian slip for the Imago someday...

Just sayin'...
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

I would purchase a mini-Freudian slip for my Imago, too.

Maverick:

It isn't really for organization, but rather to keep the horizontal shape of the bag when carrying a few heavy objects and not much else in the bag.

This is nothing tragic, but it looked like the Freudian Slip might just fit. Guess what I really need to do is just to carry a notebook or book.

Maverick, thanks for the info!

bb

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcamp View Post
    Maverick:

It isn't really for organization, but rather to keep the horizontal shape of the bag when carrying a few heavy objects and not much else in the bag.

This is nothing tragic, but it looked like the Freudian Slip might just fit. Guess what I really need to do is just to carry a notebook or book.

Maverick, thanks for the info!

bb
    hi bb!

i've carried the imago as an audio tool bag, where a couple of larger items rest at the bottom and a variety of cables and adapters rest above that in an organizer pouch, and while the this works out for me.

if you'd like something that is rigid and light weight to put into the imago to help it maintain it's shape - now, this is thinking outside the box (or outside the bag? a bit - what about taking a thin piece of plywood and cutting it so that it has the same footprint (albeit thinner, which is fine) as a 13" macbook air (or 11" macbook air if you prefer). then, use a sander to give your piece of plywood rounded corners and edges. sanding will also ensure that there aren't any rough edges or splinters.

if you'd like to go a step further, you can insert that piece of plywood into the appropriate size cache. this will give the solution soft edges and corners.

darcy,

do you think that this is a good idea, or have i completely lost it?

thanks!

Notebook or DIY

Mavrick:

I'm a DIY kind of guy, but I think I rather just carry a notebook--at least until an Imago-sized Freudian Slip gets made!

But keep thinking outside the box!

--bb

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0