Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Doh

different color keystraps?

I seem to recall (but can't find) a thread where people discussed that it would be very useful to have different color keystraps, so if you have more than one on an o-ring you didn't have to pull them out to see what was attached. As I recall, Darcy said this might be coming in 2010. Is there any update?

By the way, one reason I ask is that I was planning on getting an organizer pouch to carry my glasses case (and maybe an ID) inside my buzz. The case measures about 6 inches by 3 inches so I expect a small org. pouch would be big enough, but just thought I'd check if that sounded right (leaning towards padded or cordura for the extra durability?).
    Last edited by Doh; 11-02-2010 at 08:33 AM.

I would love to have colorful straps! I am just not a fan of dreary black (though that hasn't stopped me from buying quite a few of the little buggers anyway!)
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

This would be a great idea, most notably because it would make a great organizational tool. (Maybe if you connected a blue keystrap to a blue organizer pouch, it would make it that much quicker to fish-out the blue pouch from your Tom Bihn backpack or messenger bag.)

Yes, count me in as favoring this idea as long as the color of the straps bears some similarity to the color of pouches that they would attach to.

Great idea.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

OOh I like this a lot!

Count me in as liking this idea! I have about a gazillion of the little things and end up pulling each out of my bag to find the right pouch/ set of keys (I have three sets of keys and three pouches clipped to key straps in my Imago.) Fluorescent colors would work best for me!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Count me in on this! I know when I grab my red pouch, it's my phone; cocoa, my Starbucks card; steel Dyneema, my cash..etc. It would be handy to have matching key straps, so I don't pull up 3 black straps before I order my Soy Chai!

In case the color straps are a long time away, a piece of yarn or even better some plastic yarn used for plastic canvas.

They come in a variety of colors, some must be matching the Pouches colors.

Of course, I would be delighted to see
    genuine Tom Bihn keystraps in a rainbow of colors.

May I also suggest placing each Pouch in the same O ring in the same order, everyday.

It helps me a lot.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We'll discuss the status of this project tomorrow at the factory -- I'll keep you posted.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Count me in please!

This is a great idea! I'd also love colored key straps.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

I hope to post an update on this soon!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Everyone who has posted in this thread to date -- email your address to darcy@tombihn.com along with your choice of Olive, Plum, or Crimson and I'll send you a surprise.

Darcy,

Any chance the stitching on each color is a different texture? Or.. is there enough room at the top of it to stitch some type of mark into it to differentiate them by touch instead of sight?

Plum! Woo-hoo! Can't wait until they are ready to order!

Tzporah: You could attach a cord to the strap and thread a bead onto it, or a paper clip or twist tie, or make a knot, etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0