Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Will 11in MBA fit in Co-Pilot?

The smaller MacBook Air that was just released is slightly less than 12 by 8 inches. (Anyone other travelers excited by the possibility of this? I never liked the iPad, preferring the full Mac OS software over the iOS, so for me this is a great development. I'd love to have a more portable extension of my regular computer.)

My question: Does anyone know if it will fit in the Co-Pilot? I am "rounding up" when stating the dimensions because I will have the laptop in a sleeve which will add to the size slightly. Actual specs as stated on the Apple site are 11.8in x 7.56in x .68in. It is the long edge that I am worried about fitting in the Co-Pilot, (which is stated as 12in x 10in x 5in).

bchaplin has beat me to this question. I have a Co-Pilot and an 11" MBA on order. Tom Bihn has already announced a Cache for this form factor, and the announcement seems to indicate that it can be "slipped inside" the Co-Pilot.

It seems almost certain that the 11" MBA will fit in the main compartment, but has anyone verified that it does so with the Cache?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The 11" MBA in the Size Air11 Cache in the Co-Pilot will be a slightly, ever-so-tiny snug fit - but we think it will work great.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    The smaller MacBook Air that was just released is slightly less than 12 by 8 inches. (Anyone other travelers excited by the possibility of this? I never liked the iPad, preferring the full Mac OS software over the iOS, so for me this is a great development. I'd love to have a more portable extension of my regular computer.)

My question: Does anyone know if it will fit in the Co-Pilot? I am "rounding up" when stating the dimensions because I will have the laptop in a sleeve which will add to the size slightly. Actual specs as stated on the Apple site are 11.8in x 7.56in x .68in. It is the long edge that I am worried about fitting in the Co-Pilot, (which is stated as 12in x 10in x 5in).
    I would say yes. The CoPilot does have some "wiggle room". However, I'm not sure how much other stuff would fit with it.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Thanks!
    I am traveling in another country now and can't even see the new Macbook Air. I was so excited to hear the announcement though! I'll watch the forums - if it does fit well in the Co-Pilot (without taking up all the space in the main compartment), I'll consider purchasing one.
    Beth

My (old! but still works great!) 12.1" PowerBook fits in the Co-Pilot in its NeoCase (from RadTech) neoprene zip-stay-in case. I can't stuff too many bulky items in the main compartment with it, but the bag closes securely.

Just got a Co-pilot, and my "old" 13" Macbook Air just manages to squeeze in (very snug) I would guess the new 11" would fit as well.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0