Arrow New Clear Quarter Cube Idea in Iberian

I'd love to have a Clear Quarter Cube in Iberian, with one additional choice: make at least one urethane panel in the Clear Quarter out of the packing cube mesh, not the urethane. Eagle Creek makes a versatile bag like this, but it's larger than the end pockets of an Aeronaut, weighs more, and isn't made in the US. A double-sided mesh Quarter bag would be great, as well!

I travel with an insulin case which needs access to air or it doesn't work. It's just the right size to fit into the Clear Quarter, but the solid non-breathable sides keep it from working. I've been puttiing it into a Small Aeronaut mesh cube, but it leaves a lot of wasted space. I can't pack clean clothes right up next to it in the same cube or they get damp.

I can't be the only person out there who'd like this. I think it would be useful for a bathing suit or men's trunks, wet travel towels, damp socks, or anything else you'd want to air out instead of being closed up to mildew. It would also make a great dry toiletries kit to go with the 3D or Kit. I have a habit of packing everything as soon as I can (so it doesn't get left behind), but right now I'm using my old Eagle Creek small cubes for wet items instead of putting them into the larger Aeronaut small cube. That one's usually full of clean undies or shirts. I hate using it for my Frio! I'd love to retire the EC stuff, they're old (25 years) and getting tatty. I could buy more, but I'd just rather buy US made Tom Bihn if I can.

Ah, even a 3D in mesh would be nice. It would weigh more 'cause it's not Dyneema, but I'd still buy one.

Iberian for the Cube, of course, but I think there'd be a demand for Solar, too... hint beg grovel.... whine, even
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

Hey there: I fully concur! I think this is a great product idea: there are many reasons for wanting breathability, and the 3D is a great size for carrying insulin kits as well as those who need shots for other medical conditions. i find myself using the small mesh cube for wet clothes when I go to the gym and that works out fine.
    And yes: I too would whine for the solar! I can't believe that they are not offering solar packing cubes any more! I hope they will do it in Iberian then. The grey is fine, but I like mine color coded!!!

Me three! I suspect a lot of Tom Bihn customers adopt the one-bag, carry-on only philosophy of traveling, which mandates frequent sink washes of clothing, especially socks and undies. And, every now and then, a sink washed item refuses to cooperate and be dry when it's time to pack up and leave the hotel. It's be great to have a ventilated cube to hold dampish stuff safely away from everything else, but not sealed up and mildewy.

Iberian would be fantastic, solar would be terrific, and grey would be acceptable.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Would the Snake Charmer work? It's an organizing pouch with mesh sides.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

That's an interesting suggestion, Darcy. Since I hadn't really focused on this need till now, I will have to give that some thought. So far I've avoided buying the Snake Charmer as it seemed too big for my personal tech item needs. But if it could serve a backup purpose as a damp-item-carrier...hmmm.

I think I will check one out again next time I am at the showroom.
    Last edited by flitcraft; 09-19-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typos...sigh
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Would the Snake Charmer work? It's an organizing pouch with mesh sides.
    The Frio I use is exactly 7" x 5". It's a perfect fit with the Clear Quarter, and two of those fit in the end pocket of the Aeronaut quite nicely. I'd have to squirrel the Snake Charmer or squash it since it's over 10" long.

The Snake Charmer also isn't Dyneema. I've noticed my EC Cordura bags haven't stood up well to the repeat dampness on a daily basis over a 2-week trip. I've actually tossed the Frio into the Co-Pilot and the Dyneema lining hasn't been bothered. I'd do that on the road, but the Ballistic exterior won't let the pouch breathe.

So, would adding one mesh side choice or two mesh side choices to the Clear Quarter bags be too much to ask? (Gee, hope not!) I'll take one of each at the very least!

The mesh 3D would be great for daily use- Frio makes a one-pen or two-pen carrier (the Duo) which would fit perfectly in the 3D for daily use AND go in the front pocket of the Co-Pilot for use at mealtimes, even on planes. Right now I need to dig my pens out of my Aeronaut when I need them because there's no convenient little ditty bag made of mesh to attach to the Co-Pilot which would be small enough for just two pens, the assorted alcohol wipes, and the needles. Honestly, this might be a very big seller to diabetics if people found out their 2-pen Duo Frios (3.5""x 7") would fit into it for daily use.

Hey, Tom Bihn reached out to knitters everywhere, why not people with medical case needs? Most of them are made in China and not made very well. The 3D and the Clear Quarter, made with mesh, would be absolutely PERFECT! I'll bet a lot of Synapse/Co-Pilot/Zephyr/other buyers would like one or the other to go in their bags.

Frio USA here: http://www.frious.com/buy/
    Last edited by aiethabell; 09-21-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added Duo info
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

With the continued reduction in size of many power bricks and other laptop accessories, a 50% size Snake Charmer might make sense anyway (not to replace the original, but in addition). I love mine, but it is sometimes too big for my needs. I'd definitely buy a smaller version.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Sounds like perhaps a great new accessory pouch! Our production schedule is booked solid through the end of this year, but maybe early next year... a friendly reminder wouldn't hurt.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Ya, shure, you betcha I can do friendly reminders, Darcy! I can already see my mesh 3D and mesh Quarter Cube! (Positive visualization at work here)

Thank you!

(Edit: a friend just called me about an Amazon item - http://www.amazon.com/Case-Cooling-W...5191010&sr=8-6 that is very similar to the 3D as I'd like it, maybe a tad bigger. Note the price: almost certainly Chinese make. As far as I've been able to determine, this is the only case in this size which meets my wishlist criteria. It may or may not fit the Co-Pilot, but I'm going to have to get one to use until Tom brings his along. Waaah.

If he makes a more sturdy, tougher one with those all-important o-rings, we will buy them )
    Last edited by aiethabell; 09-22-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Amazon case very similar to 3D wishes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0