dzd

CAFE BAG - did Navy/Wasabi exist? (M size)

Did the CAFE BAG ever come in Navy/Wasabi (especially in M)?

The M Cafe in Navy/Cayenne is kind of on my wish list, but the color combo looks a bit too manly for me. I think I'd like Navy/Wasabi quite a bit better.

I searched the forums, but couldn't find an answer. I thought I did see some mention of it back when I perused the forums a while ago, but I can't remember exactly.

Hope someone knows - thanks.

It has not been made in navy/wasabi before.
    That color combo has been in my mind too before. I think it would look great on a cafe or ristretto bag.

dzd
    Thanks, kcee. That's good to know.

I would like the navy/wasabi combo, too!

Any chance of a kelly come-back? Am I missing something or are all the kelly colored bags gone?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The Medium Cafe Bag may soon be available in Navy/Wasabi - stay tuned.

It's unlikely that we will make Kelly Cafe Bags again.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Just wondering why Steel is never used as the exterior color for the cafe bags?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsale View Post
    Just wondering why Steel is never used as the exterior color for the cafe bags?
    It has been in the past. It just hasn't made the cut in recent batches.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

dzd

Navy/Wasabi - really sharp

Just got some Navy/Wasabi Cafe Bags. I like them even better than I had expected. I thought I wouldn't care as much for the S size one, but... it looks so sharp!

I'm sure glad I didn't miss out on this color combo. I probably would have gotten the Navy/Cayenne (also a nice color combo) ones if I had thought about them a while ago. But I didn't really consider the navy ones until I heard "rumors" about Navy/Wasabi being introduced...

I think this combo would look sharp in the Imago too (all Navy outside - no Storm or other color mixed in)! Not that I need one ... but I can imagine how many people would like that!
    Last edited by dzd; 12-24-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Yay! The Navy/wasabi is one of my current favorite color combinations . I'm glad you're enjoying it, and your bags!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Just got some Navy/Wasabi Cafe Bags. I like them even better than I had expected. I thought I wouldn't care as much for the S size one, but... it looks so sharp!

I'm sure glad I didn't miss out on this color combo. I probably would have gotten the Navy/Cayenne (also a nice color combo) ones if I had thought about them a while ago. But I didn't really consider the navy ones until I heard "rumors" about Navy/Wasabi being introduced...

I think this combo would look sharp in the Imago too (all Navy outside - no Storm or other color mixed in)! Not that I need one ... but I can imagine how many people would like that!

Does anyone who has one have a picture of the color combination? I can't find one on the website, and I'm curious as to how awesome it looks. I'm going to be buying a small cafe bag in the next couple of days, and the Navy/Wasabi combination is on my short list, along with the Black/Steel.

For business professionals, navy is considered the power color, so any TB bag in navy is a great addition and a must have color.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

dzd
    Gabe,

I have a hard time getting good pics, but here are some. The sun was pretty bright when I took these (indoors), so in "normal" lighting conditions, the navy/wasabi probably won't look as bright.
    (Tried to insert these as images, but it didn't work. So, below are the links.)

Cheers to your future S Cafe Bag - especially if it's navy/wasabi!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36535596@N05/5303939955
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36535596@N05/5304533936
    Last edited by dzd; 12-29-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Yay! The Navy/wasabi is one of my current favorite color combinations . I'm glad you're enjoying it, and your bags!
    I've always thought Navy/Wasabi would make a good color combination for the Ristretto for iPad. I know they added Navy/Steel in response to requests for a different exterior color option that works with blue colors, but Wasabi has always been a fantastic color for bag interiors -- makes it very easy to find items placed inside because of the color contrast. I suppose Navy/Steel gives some other color options with the steel theme, and people can choose to buy Black/Wasabi if they want a Wasabi interior color, but maybe they'll rotate in the Navy/Wasabi option in at a later date.

moriond

Fans of Kelly might want to consider Conifer. It's a deep but not dark green, and does not have the blueish tint in person that my computer monitor shows.

I just got a small cafe bag for Christmas in Conifer/steel and it is sharp!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

dzd, thanks! I think I might be buying something on Friday...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0