Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

aeronaut and packing cubes.

i am thinking of getting the aeronaut and its packing cubes. i would like to know if it's overkill to buy three or even four large packing cubes to fill up the huge space of the aeronaut. maybe you guys have better suggestions for what cubes to get to fill up the space of the aeronaut. [ the huge middle compartment.] i understand that there are the three cubes for the aeronaut bag : the small, the large and the end.

thanks.

Toronto, Canada aka The Centre of the Universe
    Hey Blackfungi - I use 1 large, 2 small packing cubes and I find when they're packed, they fill up a good chuck of the space in the centre compartment. There's usually still enough space to tuck in smaller items in there too. I can't imagine that more than two large cubes and maybe one small cube would fit.

Pants and shirts fit well in the large cubes, and socks, undershirts and underwear (rolled up) fit perfectly into the small cubes. I also have one of the end cubes as well, it fits the side compartment perfectly, and I actually found it pretty handy. Great place to put items that you have to pull out during the airport screen process and various small items that may get lost otherwise.

I went on vacation for a week with my Aeronaut and a small backpack and it held everything I needed! For my next trip, the backpack will be replaced by my new Imago!

Hope that helped
    Indigo/Solar Aeronaut; assorted packing cubes; Olive/Olive/Cayenne Imago; Plum/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag; assorted organizer pouches

More than two large is overkill, IMO. Actually, more than two won't even fit (unless they're empty).

I'll typically use two large packing cubes, and one end packing cube. I like having a little extra space available so I'd guess my bag is filled to 80% or so. That's a mix of business casual for a week.

thanks for the great tips. i think that i will get one large packing cube and a large packing cube backpack then maybe two ends and of course that shoulder strap. i only take shirts, pants and socks and maybe one more pair of shoes with me. carry one sized luggage is perfect, i mean, you can wash and hang to dry most stuff so you really don't need to bring that much clothing with you.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0