Co-Pilot.......a few questions

I'm seriously considering the Co-Pilot as my travel day bag since it will fit nicely in my Tri-Star.

I have a few questions for those who own them or for our wonderful friends who work in Seattle:

1) My big concern is securing the zippers against wandering hands. I can easily connect the zippers of the main compartment with either a small lock or carabiner. However, to secure the zippers of the two side compartments, I'd need a long carabiner or lock to connect them to each other. Would someone please measure the distance between those two zippers when fully closed? (I'm not concerned about the center compartment because I'll either keep a water bottle or small umbrella in there. Nothing really important.)

2) What are the exact (or somewhat close) measurements of each side compartment? I'm hoping I can fit one or two small organizer pouches in each.

3) The strap...I love my Absolute Strap with my Tri-Star or any other larger bag I take. But is it really necessary on the Co-Pilot. Does the standard strap work well and is it comfortable or are people wishing they got the Absolute instead?
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

From fbrown627

1) Would someone please measure the distance between those two zippers when fully closed? (I'm not concerned about the center compartment because I'll either keep a water bottle or small umbrella in there. Nothing really important.)

2) What are the exact (or somewhat close) measurements of each side compartment? I'm hoping I can fit one or two small organizer pouches in each.

3) The strap...I love my Absolute Strap with my Tri-Star or any other larger bag I take. But is it really necessary on the Co-Pilot. Does the standard strap work well and is it comfortable or are people wishing they got the Absolute instead?
    ************************************************** **********************************************

Hi fbrown627

The distance between the zipper pulls (no cords attached) is 2.5 inches. The "water bottle" pocket zipper pull is 1.25 inches from each of the side zipper pulls. You could put (and I have) a couple of 1" split rings on each zipper pull. That makes them easier to grab and hook together. I would prefer black (to match my bag) split rings.

The interior of the side pockets, seam to seam, is 4 inches wide by 9.25 tall. There is a bit of give here because of the water bottle pocket. With an empty water bottle pocket you could fit something 5X9 into each side pocket. I put a small water bottle in the center pocket and could still fit an average paperback in the side pocket with no trouble. I cannot speak to the organizer pouches fitting. I don't have any, yet.

I think an absolute strap is overkill with the Co-Pilot. I didn't care for the strap that came with it so I switched it out with a strap from Daymakers.

Hope this will give you some of the information you're looking for.

Happy travels,
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 08-09-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks, Moose.

The split rings are a good idea.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0