Question Capacity of large organizer pouch

How many pages of standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper can the large organizer hold?
    I did search the forums and watched Maverick's video of the organizer pouches. From what I saw, it looked like two average sized magazines would fit in the large organizer. That would be all I need.

I need a few more pouches and need to know how many of the large organizers I need.

The current plastic filer with tabbed inserts I have used on previous trips add too much weight to my personal carry on - large cafe bag.

I'm not talking about a large amount of paper. In fact, some of the documents I used to carry will be converted to my Kindle (Mobipocket Creator).

The large organizer(s) would fit in the back pocket and be secured by a strap attached to one of the front eyelets.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I have not actually tested the limits of my large clear organizer pouch's capacity. I can tell you that I can put at least 20 pages in there and there's loads of room to spare. Letter-size sheets fit in with plenty of clearance on all sides. To test out the large clear organizer pouch capacity, I took a new B & H Photo & Video hardcopy mailorder catalogue (+640 pages) and slid it into my large pouch with plenty of room to spare. These pouches are quite large. (The B & H catalogue is slightly smaller than Letter size, and the paper is thin, but that number of pages makes it about 3/4 of an inch thick.)

I also took an entire ream of copy/laser paper (Letter-size, in paper wrapper) and my large clear organizer pouch swallowed the whole thing with a little gentle finesse. And guess what? There's still a little room in there...

Thanks for the ream of paper and catalogue experiment MtnMan. That is really a large capacity.

I know that a Large Organizer Pouch holds a full notepad and a couple of folders without changing its classy, minimal briefcase shape.

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Thanks for the ream of paper and catalogue experiment MtnMan. That is really a large capacity.

I know that a Large Organizer Pouch holds a full notepad and a couple of folders without changing its classy, minimal briefcase shape.
    Same for me, that answers my question. Two of them will be large enough for our trips.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I find my large clear pouch to be quite useful is carrying topic-specific papers either in my Super Ego briefcase or in a backpack or just by itself when the need arises. I'm glad I bought that pouch, and I may buy others in the future.

The only question I have is whether or not one can order the color of the back panel fabric to be specific or not. The color of my large clear pouch currently is reddish / maroon / brandywine. If I bought another one, I'd want it to look different (different backing color) to make sorting the pouches by specific uses easier. So the bottom line is, do these pouches come in other colors, and can they be ordered by color specifically?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

Keep in mind when I said "finesse" I wasn't exaggerating.

I had to be gentle and careful when sliding something that large into the pouch's zippered opening.

Added notes: I experimented with the B & H catalogue and the ream of paper separately. I don't think I could fit both in the same pouch at the same time.

I just wanted to add a little clarification on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    The only question I have is whether or not one can order the color of the back panel fabric to be specific or not.
    So the bottom line is, do these pouches come in other colors, and can they be ordered by color specifically?
    MtnMan,

If I understand correctly, you can request a pouch of a specific color but you are not guaranteed to receive one. If you read all the way down to the bottom of the Clear Organizer Pouches product page, you'll see this note:

"...you can indicate a color preference in the comments field during the checkout process, but there is no guarantee you'll receive the Organizer Pouches in the colors you requested."

I believe the organizer pouches are made from left-over material generated during the bag-making process. As such, the factory wouldn't have true control over what colors are available at any given time - hence the inability to guarantee a specific color.

Fortunately your case is a little easier than most. Rather than requesting a specific color, you are asking to receive any color but the one you already have. I would think this significantly improves the odds of achieving your ultimate goal.

I would:
    • Check the Tom Bihn Color Guide by going to a product page (like the Large Cafe Bag) and clicking the Colors link in the top-left corner.
    • Find the color(s) of your current organizer pouch.
    • Order a new pouch.
    • In the shipping notes of your new order, ask for anything but the above - or any of colors x, y, z (colors far enough away from your current pouch to let you easily distinguish between the two pouches).

Hope that helps,

--SurlyFrog

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0