Anyone using the Zephyr or the Empire Builder with the iPad?

I am looking for professional looking brief case to carry my iPad sagely along with a modest amount of papers. I am think of the Zephyr as an option. Where would be the best place to put the iPad in the Zephyr? In the front compartment or the main compartment. I need a place to hang my keys and I don't want my keys hitting my iPad.

Comments, experience and suggestions welcome.

The Empire Builder picture C, shows that there is a O ring under the front flap on top of the organizer pockets.

The configuration might be the same on the Zephyr.

I don't own either, the Zephyr in Indigo is calling my name but I don't think I can carry that much in my shoulder, but I would think that the main compartment might be the ideal place to put it.
    It would blend with your paperwork and it is always good.

An iPad gets lost in either my EB or Super Ego anywhere I put it.
    I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET A CASE WITH A HARD SCREEN PROTECTOR OF SOME KIND AND TRY TO BE AWARE OF UNDUE MASHING OR BENDING OF THE IPAD.

My Kindle was destroyed because I didn't pay attention till it was too late.
    I can cram so much into either bag that something borked the Kindle?

I just ordered the Otterbox Defender case which was released on Friday and they have never let me down yet.

I also just received an interesting case called "ZooGue" which has some really nice features and would protect the screen too.

I carry 2 or 3 laptops every day along with an iPad and endless other stuff and there is lots of room for the ipad but no protection unless you devise some.

Its fun though.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    An iPad gets lost in either my EB or Super Ego anywhere I put it.
    I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET A CASE WITH A HARD SCREEN PROTECTOR OF SOME KIND AND TRY TO BE AWARE OF UNDUE MASHING OR BENDING OF THE IPAD.

My Kindle was destroyed because I didn't pay attention till it was too late.
    I can cram so much into either bag that something borked the Kindle?

I just ordered the Otterbox Defender case which was released on Friday and they have never let me down yet.

I also just received an interesting case called "ZooGue" which has some really nice features and would protect the screen too.

I carry 2 or 3 laptops every day along with an iPad and endless other stuff and there is lots of room for the ipad but no protection unless you devise some.

Its fun though.

Ed
    I would think that a Cache combined with the iPad case would be a great protection.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I would think that a Cache combined with the iPad case would be a great protection.
    I hope you are right.
    I have mine in a case with a hard screen protector and then inside a .....wait for it......Waterfield Sleevcase I already had for something else.

I am fairly sure that I just keep too much crap in any bag?
    Then I get unwanted pressure between everything when I pick it up and carry around.

This is something I never really considered until discovering the wounded Kindle.

I keep my MacBook inside a MacTruck which makes it indestructable really but then the hard case can exert pressure on everything else.
    I try to keep the screen side of the ipad against the smooth metal of the MacTruck which helps I think.

Bottom line for me is to not carry so much even though I can.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0