Large Cafe Bag + iPad

Hi,

I was wondering if an iPad in a Cache would fit into a large Cafe Bag? The Ristretto seems a bit small for an everyday bag to me so I'm curious about other options. The page for the large Cafe Bag says the Size Netbook Vertical Cache will fit in the large Cafe Bag but doesn't mention if the Size iPad will.

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi fesak!

welcome to the forum!

indeed, you could very comfortably carry an ipad inside of the cache (a protective sleeve) in the medium or large cafe bag. the large cafe bag would certainly give you more room for other items you may wish to carry.

please let us know if you have any questions.

I don't see a problem. I'm carrying my netbook/cache in a medium cafe bag.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I can put my iPad with the Apple case in a small cafe bag so I don't see why it would not fit the large cafe bag with the Cache.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ltsching View Post
    I can put my iPad with the Apple case in a small cafe bag so I don't see why it would not fit the large cafe bag with the Cache.
    Photo, please! I'll take a photo of this too - with a Crimson/Steel Small Cafe Bag.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Photo, please! I'll take a photo of this too - with a Crimson/Steel Small Cafe Bag.
    Here you go. My Navy/Cayenne Small Cafe Bag with the following:

iPad with the Apple Case
    iPhone 3G
    Clear Organizer Wallet
    Pen/Pencil Organizer Pouch (glasses and earphones)
    Small Organizer Pouch (Apple USB adapter and iPad/iPod cable)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks for everyone's response - it seems like perhaps the Medium sized bag might be best for my needs.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that an iPad in the Apple case will fit into the iPad sized Cache. Is that right?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fesak View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that an iPad in the Apple case will fit into the iPad sized Cache. Is that right?
    yes, that's right!

i have my iPad in the incase grippy silicone case, and it also fits in the cache.

Post Large Cafe Bag

You may want to consider a large cafe bag in case you get the keyboard accessory.

I have both the medium and large cafe bag. I use one or the other depending on my needs. The large cafe bag has the absolute strap which is useful if the bag gets heavy. Plus it is more comfortable.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I can also confirm that the iPad will fit happily in the large cafe bag in the horizontal orientation inside a macally metrolpad playthrough case in a Targus Hughes leather folio (what? i don't want it getting hurt) along with;
    1) a 5 subject spiral bound notebook
    2) two western civilization text books
    3) an iPod touch
    4) a Nikon L100 digital point and shoot
    5) a microfiber cloth for the pads screen
    6) various writing utensils
    7) a Tom Bihn wallet holding ear buds
    8) a dock cable and iPad specific charger.

Yes, it weights a ton

P.S. not sure if I could get an Apple bluetooth keyboard in there but if I ditched the notebook I'm beting it would go! The keyboard with the dock? Not so much. It looks really chunky.
    Last edited by nikonnut; 07-04-2010 at 01:42 AM.
    ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi) w/ Q-AM strap,Large Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Olive, Cayenne. It may be a gift!) Clear Quarter Cube (my version of the snake charmer), an Olive clear organizer wallet, and a slew of strapeez.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0