Side Effect questions

I recently watched Maverick's excellent YouTube video on the Tom Bihn Side Effect, which is currently available on the YouTube Tom Bihn MFG Channel. The video left me wondering about a few things...

I currently own a Side Effect, wear it as a hip-pack, and I constantly carry my cell phone, eyeglasses (in hard carrying case), wallet and little bottle of hand sanitizer with me everywhere. I find my Side Effect to be indispensable.

Maverick shows one of the main compartment's internal pockets holding an Apple iPhone. Are there many Side Effect users here that carry an iPhone in there like that? (I currently use a bulky Tracfone; a Motorola C139, and it's a little awkward, mostly because of its buttons and shape) I was wondering what it would be like to carry an iPhone or an iPod Touch in one of those internal pockets. Also, what would happen if you carried an iPhone or iPod Touch around with it clad in one of those protective "bumper" skins? Would it still fit?

I typically carry my eyeglasses in the hard case I bought with them at the Wal Mart optician. The case is pretty nice for a cheap, hard case. I'm really concerned about protecting my eyeglasses. They are wire-rimmed. What other options do I have for carrying my eyeglasses?

The iPhone in a "bumper" skin/case should still fit. (I have an iPhone with a Speck CandyShell case and I have no problems.)
    Owner of: Medium Cafe Bag, Empire Builder, Brain Bag, Brain Cell (Size 6 Horizontal), Freudian Slip (both orientations), Imago, Aeronaut, large packing cubes, organizer pouches (mini, small, medium, large), Ego, Side Effect, Large Cafe Bag, Synapse

Does anyone use a Tom Bihn case for carrying sunglasses or eyeglasses? If so, which one do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Does anyone use a Tom Bihn case for carrying sunglasses or eyeglasses? If so, which one do you use?
    I have big plastic framed eyeglasses and sunglasses and I hold each in a Tom Bihn Small Clear Organizer Pouch. They fit perfectly and the Clear front provides nice protection.

However, if you have metal framed glasses, I really think that a Padded Pouch would be better.

I might even get one myself.

^ Will something like a Small Organizer Pouch fit in a Side Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    ^ Will something like a Small Organizer Pouch fit in a Side Effect?
    Maverick made a great video about the Side Effect and what it can hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTQUt90Af4

I forgot to look up and you already saw the video, sorry for the mistake.

My big glasses in their Small Clear Pouch are thinner than a camera. But I don't know if you could fit two pairs of glasses in their Small Clear Pouches or Padded Pouches
    Last edited by backpack; 06-18-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0