Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Synapse in Dyneema?

Will the Synapse be available in Dyneema ever again? Curious minds want to know!
    --------------------------------

I would totally dig a steel dyneema Synapse. I didn't get my order in soon enough to get one from the last batch ...

Why won't a Synapse in dyneema be available?

I'm just curious why the Synapse in dyneema won't be available. Is it fabric availability? Prehaps lack of availability, or cost of specialized/single use equipment? I love my plum Synapse and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm just curious about the manufacturing process or design decisions. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Happy travels,
    Moose

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're trying to narrow down Synapse color combinations and the Dyneema combination was one of the first to go. It may come back in the future, but we're not sure yet.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Please, please don't remove the Plum or Indigo from the lineup.

People are using more streamlined tools such as netbooks or tablets on the go.

The Synapse has the dimension of a laptop bag, great for travel as a personal item, but not the cheesy logos or cheap construction of today's laptop bag.

It is perfect for people who don't need the briefcase look and want to bring lunch, drink, personal communication devices and work related laptop and paperwork in one place.

Associated with a Small, Medium or Large Cafe Bag, depending on needs (or compulsion to carry an urban survival kit at all time) it is the perfect commuter bag.

It is also a choice backpack for back to school, which is only a couple of month away.
    I am sure that the 4.5 out of 5 Mice rating in Macworld is going to attract the many Mac enthusiasts and start a trend.

Steel, Plum and Indigo are Tom Bihn signature colors, beautiful, sophisticated strong and fun.

I know that there are people who are as passionate about Olive, Navy and Black, which I find blah and don't wear; except black because it is a great base/neutral color for wardrobe building. But there are so much black bags everywhere, well... it can be argued either way.

Fans of the 3 colors above, speak up!

Fans of the Fabs Steel, Plum and Indigo speak up too. Those 3 are my three mainstay

Love the plum, but I have a Synapse in plum. I toy with buying a second in black, but I really want the Solar lining.

Not a fan of Steel, inside or outside, but I know there are plenty of folks who are, so I would like the addition (not replacement) of Black/Solar.

(Yes, I realize no one was asking, but I don't think it hurts to pipe up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Love the plum, but I have a Synapse in plum. I toy with buying a second in black, but I really want the Solar lining.

Not a fan of Steel, inside or outside, but I know there are plenty of folks who are, so I would like the addition (not replacement) of Black/Solar.

(Yes, I realize no one was asking, but I don't think it hurts to pipe up.)
    I think it is fair to ask since we know that Solar is going.

WHAT?!!! Solar is going??? But that's what makes the bags so great! I love opening my tristar and seeing that flash of sunshine. I would vote for the all dyneema synapse to come back. When I'm going on longer trips (like china next week) I would love to have a lightweight but organized daypack. I discovered Tom Bihn just before the all dyneema synapse disappeared and didn't have my order together when the last onewent! If solar is going, what will replace it??

Janis
    Last edited by jannilee; 07-19-2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: clarity

Solar is most likely going to be around for a while longer, don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Please, please don't remove the Plum or Indigo from the lineup.
    Noted. One, if not both of those, will stay.

i adore my navy/solar synapse like crazy.

i'm totally a blues/purples/greys/greens kind of girl, so i'm a *huge* fan of navy, indigo, steel, and (to a slightly lesser extent) plum and kelly. those last two are ever-so-slightly 'warmer' than my preferred cool tones, but i still like 'em.

one of the reasons i haven't yet ordered an iPad ristretto is because there are no blue or grey options. heh.

...and then, from the twitter:

Two new Ristretto for iPad colors available for pre-order, shipping mid-September: Navy/Steel and Steel/Wasabi
    !!!

I just got my navy/solar Synapse but I think the real attraction of a dyneema isn't the color so much but it's size and weight. I think I'd prefer a dyneema Synapse that I could fold up and put into my Aeronaut and then take out when I reach my destination and I want to go hiking. Having said that, I don't think I'd want my backpack to be solar - I prefer that for the interior color.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

How's the possibility of the Dyneema Synapse being resurrected now? What about with Iberian & Steel, either possible combination?

:-D

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    How's the possibility of the Dyneema Synapse being resurrected now? What about with Iberian & Steel, either possible combination?

:-D
    or iberian/iberian?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0