Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    or iberian/iberian?
    Yes, please! My birthday is next week, hint!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We'll see! Maybe sometime in 2011.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Any oen have pictures of Synapse in Ultraviolet/Steel Dyneema color? Thanks

It will probably will come very soon

We need to give Darcy some time to post the pictures of the move and take pictures of the new location!

Can't wait!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas

Weight of the all Dyneema Synapse

Anybody care to share what it is? I was searching and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Anybody care to share what it is? I was searching and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.
    hi dorayme,

the synapse is a very cool backpack. it is available with a 1000d cordura fabric on the exterior and the ripstop dyneema fabric on the interior, and is also originally available with the ripstop dyneema fabric on both the exterior and interior - ultraviolet on the outside and steel on the inside.

Thanks Maverick, what is the weight of this all Dyneema version of the bag? I found the weight of the Cordura version on the item page, but couldn't find what I was looking for, the weight of the Dyneema/Dyneema version.
    I'm thinking one may need to come and live with me soon.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Thanks Maverick, what is the weight of this all Dyneema version of the bag? I found the weight of the Cordura version on the item page, but couldn't find what I was looking for, the weight of the Dyneema/Dyneema version.
    I'm thinking one may need to come and live with me soon.
    Brief answer is that, from memory, the weight savings is only about 6 oz for the Dyneema/Dyneema version. I tried to post a longer answer, with links to previous information, but this got lost when I tried to preview my answer (and was asked to sign in again -- this was from my iPad). The reason that you don't gain more of a weight savings is that both Synapse versions in Cordura and Dyneema share the same reinforced padded section that sits against your back. This is part of what makes the Synapse an extremely comfortable bag to carry, but it means that the all Dyneema version is not substantially lighter or more foldable.

And here's a picture posted by notmensa of the Dyneema Synapse with its contents.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-06-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added link to Flickr picture of Steel/Solar all Dyneema Synapse

thanks moriond, this is good to know. I had tried to scour the forum (also from ipad) before I originally posted and gave up after finding this thread.
    off to read your linked post.

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

HI camry,
    Katy put up some pictures for me. They are of my Synapse in ultraviolet next to my Synapse in the plum color. They are located in the thread titled Ultraviolet Syanpse arrival dated 3.1.11. I just noticed I spelled Synapse wrong in that post. I'd attach a link but I have no idea how to pull that off. Hope you like the photos.
    Happy travels.,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    Saw this, and immediately thought of all the folks who asked you to bring back the Dyneema Synapse who will now be happy. (On another note: Darcy, is there a way to make the fact that there are links more obvious in the new forum format? I've been adding the underline control, so people will know I've put links into my posts.)

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    (On another note: Darcy, is there a way to make the fact that there are links more obvious in the new forum format? I've been adding the underline control, so people will know I've put links into my posts.)
    Yes-- this is one of the minor forum improvements we plan to make this week. The overall design and function of the forums won't likely be completed for several months, but small stuff like that can be fixed pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0