Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Wireless keyboard case/sleeve

Question Wireless keyboard case/sleeve

Any plans for something like this? Not sure what the market would be for something like this, but I would like one! Perhaps if I could sew more than buttons on shirts...

Just asking..

Your best bet would be to visit Waterfield Designs and see what they have.

What size keyboard do you have?

I did a very quick search engines inquiry and what came out were very big
    footprint keyboard.

I would think that wireless also meant portable, I guess I was wrong.

Mtn Man -- I went to Waterfield Designs and after search through the site, I did find sleeves for keyboards. They keep it well hidden!

backpack - I have the 'short' Apple wireless keyboard - part of the iMac package. The keyboard is about 11-12 inches long and fairly thin. It is portable and will fit in a Ristretto or Synapse. Apple's older keyboard is fullsize and not very portable.

I used to have a ThinkSmart folding keyboard for my Palm Treo. Sadly I did not keep it, the company is no longer in business, and even used versions command a price that is almost 3x what they were new a number of years ago.
    Last edited by rabergnc; 05-24-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: typos, typos, tyops

Volunteer Moderator
    hi rabergnc,

the apple bluetooth keyboard fits nicely inside the ipad ristretto. i am carrying the ipad in the padded compartment in the ipad ristretto, and i place the keyboard in front of the padded compartment with the keys against the padded side.

the other items in the area where the keyboard is are in organizer pouches, so the keyboard is nicely protected. i have a canon s90 camera in a small padded organizer pouch and the ipad charger and cable in a mini cordura organizer pouch.

an apple bluetooth keyboard cache is an interesting idea - i'm not sure how much demand would there be for this product.

hi maverick - I appreciate the fact that the wireless keyboard works fits well within the iPad Ristretto. The problem is I really don't need another bag (as much as I'd like to get one). After a number of years of more bags than I can count, I am trying to simplify my bag life. My goal is to ultimately use either a Synapse/ID/Waterfield Cozmo for my daily and travel bag rather than having to select if will I use a Ristretto (first or second generation), a Cafe bag (medium or small), which messenger bag (ID, Ego... well you get the idea). And that's just the TB bags!! (I also have a number of Timbuk2 and Waterfield bags - I was a weartester for Timbuk2 and have prototypes they do not want back which are in great shape).

Anyway, another bag designed for a specific item is a nice idea but only adds to my confusion. Besides.....once I clear out my current collection, I can start all over again!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    hi maverick - I appreciate the fact that the wireless keyboard works fits well within the iPad Ristretto. The problem is I really don't need another bag (as much as I'd like to get one). After a number of years of more bags than I can count, I am trying to simplify my bag life. My goal is to ultimately use either a Synapse/ID/Waterfield Cozmo for my daily and travel bag rather than having to select if will I use a Ristretto (first or second generation), a Cafe bag (medium or small), which messenger bag (ID, Ego... well you get the idea). And that's just the TB bags!! (I also have a number of Timbuk2 and Waterfield bags - I was a weartester for Timbuk2 and have prototypes they do not want back which are in great shape).

Anyway, another bag designed for a specific item is a nice idea but only adds to my confusion. Besides.....once I clear out my current collection, I can start all over again!!
    Another historical bag that works well with the iPad is the original Buzz that was designed for the 12" PowerBook and iBook models. I really love that design and sling strap. You can slip the bag around while you're still carrying it and easily open it up and pull out the iPad, which can sit in its cache behind the padded partition in the main compartment. The keyboard can sit in front. If you are carrying any pens (or a Pogo Sketch stylus) they can go into the organizer pockets for pens and other items in the front pocket, and be available at just the right angle when the bag is swung around like this. If I need to transport my larger keyboard dock to work, the bag will accommodate that, too. (In fact, the dock extension fits nicely so that this portion goes around the side that carries the water bottle pocket.) I agree that the Synapse is a great choice for a daily bag, and can also hold this, but sometimes I want to carry a smaller bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Just and dorayme like this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0