Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Large organizer meets organizer wallet

In using a larger organizer for keeping documents for travel, I was thinking that it would be nice to have an organizer that had sections like the organizer wallet so I could keep documents for different projects separated and easily accessible. The dividers could be cordura rather than ultrasuede. Does anyone else think this might be a good idea?
    Bags: Crimson/Black Checkpoint Flyer, Indigo Brain Bag, Indigo Synapse, Punch/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag and Plum Side Effect- along with various organizer pouches.

Sounds like a good idea but I can see there would be problems with finishing the edges of the dividers if they were Cordura. It would probably work best with the Ultrasuede. Or perhaps there's another material out there that doesn't need the edges finished?

If they were available I'd buy a stack of them!

Audrey

Good point on the edges- I was thinking you wouldn't need the softness of ultrasuede for paperwork, but the edging is definitely an issue. I would buy a bunch too!
    Bags: Crimson/Black Checkpoint Flyer, Indigo Brain Bag, Indigo Synapse, Punch/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag and Plum Side Effect- along with various organizer pouches.

I am glad to see this topic come up again. I too would buy a divided large pouch. Perhaps even with a foam insert like the Freudian Slip to aid it in keeping everything straight? Maybe it could even double as a Mini-Slip for the Imago? How cool would that be?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Great idea about a foam insert! I'm not surprised that this has come up before. It definitely seems like a natural extension, especially for those of us who would like to be more organized.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0