Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JPP

What iPad sleeves and cases still fit in the Ristretto for iPad?

I have my order in for a Ristretto for iPad. Due to the quite right high demand I am on back order. But the Australian release of the iPad is Friday the 28th and I want a sleeve/cover/case to tide me over and for daily use if its handy.
    Has anyone got any experience using a sleeve/cover/case for their iPad in the Ristretto for iPad? Works, doesn't???

JPP
    Downunder

i believe the ipad in the apple case still fits in the ristretto, but i'm going on a possibly faulty memory of reading that somewhere.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi JPP,

We know for certain that the iPad in the Apple Case or the Dodo Case still fits in the padded compartment of the Ristretto for iPad.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

JPP
    Thanks Darcy,

The Apple Case functions ok but I keep hearing how it collects fluff and is a pain to get the iPad in and out of.

The Dodo case sounds great but the backorder looks really long - months now.

The Apple case isn't perfect, but compared to what else is out there it's actually pretty good. Doesn't add much weight or bulk. Serves as a stand in both portrait or landscape. Protects the screen. Yeah, it's kind of hard to pull the iPad out of it, but I rarely want to. Have you tried holding the iPad by itself? The back is pretty slick. I'd be afraid I'd drop it.

JPP
    Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    The Apple case isn't perfect, but compared to what else is out there it's actually pretty good. Doesn't add much weight or bulk. Serves as a stand in both portrait or landscape. Protects the screen. Yeah, it's kind of hard to pull the iPad out of it, but I rarely want to. Have you tried holding the iPad by itself? The back is pretty slick. I'd be afraid I'd drop it.
    No I haven't got hands on with an iPad. Slippery and scratches are the reasons I want something but I really want it to fit in the Ristretto.

The iPad in the Apple case fits just fine in the Ristretto's pouch. But the Ristretto is too small for my everyday-commute-to-work use; fortunately it fits easily into the rear pocket of my ID.

As for fluff collecting in the Apple case, I just hit it with a blast of compressed air a couple of times a week. The Dodocase looks really nice, but I don't like the fact that it just about doubles the thickness of the iPad. For now the Apple case and a Tom Bihn bag suit my needs.

The iPad in the Apple case also fits perfectly inside the pouch in the main compartment of the Synapse.

mep
    Check out the Marware Eco Vue. It doesn't appear to add anymore thickness than the Apple case. So, it should work as well and it gets great reviews.

JPP
    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Check out the Marware Eco Vue. It doesn't appear to add anymore thickness than the Apple case. So, it should work as well and it gets great reviews.
    It does look good but the clasp magnet messes with the Compass says on of the reviewers

JPP
    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    It does look good but the clasp magnet messes with the Compass says one of the reviewers

mep
    I guess I'll find out because I ordered one and I have a 3G iPad.

mep
    I got the Marware Eco Vue case and the Bihn iPad cache. The iPad in the case will not fit into the cache. This makes me think that it probably would not fit into the Ristretto.

JPP
    Thanks Mep. I have my Ristretto for iPad now (review ones I have my iPad this Friday) and there is a meetup of Sydney owners of iPads this Saturday, so hopefully I can try a variety of their sleeved iPads in the Ristretto for size.

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows whether the Macally BookStand for the iPad fits in the Ristretto?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0