Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Large Cafe Bag for a male.

I am sure this has been asked about a few times. In fact I have seen it asked a few times. How many people think the Cafe bags are "okay" for males? I really would like to get one because it looks like exactly what I need. Could some one please post pictures of themselves or males wearing the bag? I have seen maverick and ex machina wearing the bag (thanks). I would just like a few more is all. Also are there any tips to make it look more like a "man bag"? Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi prod!

indeed, i am a man, and i use cafe bags in all 3 sizes - small, medium and large. there is nothing that classifies any of these messenger style bags as being suitable only for guys or or only for gals - they look great on any one, and are extremely functional!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi prod!

indeed, i am a man, and i use cafe bags in all 3 sizes - small, medium and large. there is nothing that classifies any of these messenger style bags as being suitable only for guys or or only for gals - they look great on any one, and are extremely functional!
    Thank you for the prompt reply as usual maverick.

I recall a similar topic a while ago and one suggestion I have for the "manly" side is to consider the Imago and the q-am strap. I think if you wear a bag on your back it's more manly and the Imago with the q-am strap adds a bit of messenger bag flair to it. You can also just get black and wear just about any bag as I consider black the standard for professional (male or female).
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    I recall a similar topic a while ago and one suggestion I have for the "manly" side is to consider the Imago and the q-am strap. I think if you wear a bag on your back it's more manly and the Imago with the q-am strap adds a bit of messenger bag flair to it. You can also just get black and wear just about any bag as I consider black the standard for professional (male or female).
    Good point. I will definitely get black... If I do end up getting the Large Cafe Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    Personally, I find the Imago to look more feminine from the pictures.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gonty View Post
    Personally, I find the Imago to look more feminine from the pictures.
    the imago, along with all tom bihn bags, look fantastic on men and women.

if you prefer more conservative color choices, you can opt for black or navy exteriors rather than punch or plum.

i'm a guy, and plum/wasabi is personally my favorite combination for a cafe bag.

mep
    I have a large Cafe bag in black and steel and it does not look feminine at all. I think that the small might look a little more like "murse" (man+purse) but I wouldn't hesitate to carry it, if it met my needs.

I agree with the above posts. I too think the Imago looks more feminine, though I think a male could pull it off. I like the black and steel color combo. Though I have yet to see it in person.

Below is the picture of a gentleman wearing a Tom Bihn Large Cafe Bag.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombihn/4599136191/

The man is wearing a Black/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag.

Unlike Wasabi which with Solar Dyneema could be used to locate children and husbands lost in the mall from the Moon , Steel is practically invisible in all Cafe Bags linings.

I should know, I have Plum and Sapphire Large Cafe Bags with Steel lining.

My husband, a small framed 5'7" fellow wears one of the Large Cafe Bag on plane trips.

Along with Black and Steel, Cocoa, Plum, Indigo as well as Crimson are deep, rich colors, which, in addition of being beautiful, are unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Below is the picture of a gentleman wearing a Tom Bihn Large Cafe Bag.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombihn/4599136191/

The man is wearing a Black/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag.

Unlike Wasabi which with Solar Dyneema could be used to locate children and husbands lost in the mall from the Moon , Steel is practically invisible in all Cafe Bags linings.

I should know, I have Plum and Sapphire Large Cafe Bags with Steel lining.

My husband, a small framed 5'7" fellow wears one of the Large Cafe Bag on plane trips.

Along with Black and Steel, Cocoa, Plum, Indigo as well as Crimson are deep, rich colors, which, in addition of being beautiful, are unisex.
    Thanks backpack.

Does anyone know the cubic inches of a draw string backpack?

Quote Originally Posted by Pord View Post
    Does anyone know the cubic inches of a draw string backpack?
    What draw string backpack? The Smart Alec?

Smart Alec
    18.5" x 11.75" x 7.75"
    470x300x200mm
    Volume: 26 liters (1600 cu. in.)

In this day and age, most men carry a bag or a backpack around with them, even retired police officers and DEA investigators. There is no stigma about carrying around a Tom Bihn.

I am talking like a cheap one like. http://www.logosportswear.com/drawst...sbackpacks.php

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0