Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pord View Post
    I am talking like a cheap one like. http://www.logosportswear.com/drawst...sbackpacks.php
    Backpack's estimate is pretty good; if you mean a specific model bag from your site, like the Gusseted Cinchpack, just look up the dimensions:

e.g. 15" x 17" x 6" = 1530 cu. inches = 25 liters

I'd guess that actual volume is a bit less than that, because you can't fill it completely up as a rectangular cube, and this is probably somewhat less in capacity than a Smart Alec -- so, say 23.5 liters or so?

A large Cafe Bag is 12" x 13" x 3" for a quoted capacity of 11 liters. It's not mean to balloon out (only 3"

You can probably do the calculations for any of the bags you examine in detail for more precise dimenstions. After all, you know which of those bags you're thinking of, and that will probably give you a better answer than having one of us click randomly for dimensions to do a calculation.

I am talking like a cheap one like. http://www.logosportswear.com/drawst...sbackpacks.php
    Those do look cheap.

I usually use dimensions not volume.

Seeing them, I think that they could hold like 3 or 4, 2 liters bottles of sodas.

Which means 8 liters.

Volume: 500 cu.in. (8 liters) which happens to be the volume of the Little Swift.

Check the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack at the link below, it may be big enough for you and I know it is very sturdy.

http://www.tombihn.com/Merchant2/mer...t_Code=TB0661T

That was perfect, thanks both of you.

Does anyone clip a water bottle to the outside of there cafe bag via a carabiner?

Does anyone clip a water bottle to the outside of there cafe bag via a carabiner?
    I bought carabiners just for that purpose, they have an extension that hold a
    water bottle.

Cafe Bags O-Rings are perfect for holding carabiners.

I have a novelty insulated bottle holder that I clip into the Large Cafe Bag O ring, now that I own insulated Contigo cups, I could use the much lighter Yarn Stuff Sack.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I bought carabiners just for that purpose, they have an extension that hold a
    water bottle.

Cafe Bags O-Rings are perfect for holding carabiners.

I have a novelty insulated bottle holder that I clip into the Large Cafe Bag O ring, now that I own insulated Contigo cups, I could use the much lighter Yarn Stuff Sack.
    So you clip it to the inside O ring? Not the outside?

I clip it to the inside O ring but let it tangle on the outside, but I could just use the handle.

I think this is what I will do in the future since my O rings hold big C-clips to which I clip my pouches and other things.

As I said before, the Yarn Stuff Sack makes a perfect portable cup or individual bottle holder while the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack can handle a litter with no problem.
    I know it is big enough to hold a two litter bottle but those are heavy but I don't know if the Clear Tall Yarn Stuff Sack would be strong enough. There would be no problem with an All Fabric Tall Yarn Stuff Sack. Dyneema is really really tough.

That doesn't pull on the O ring too much does it?

That doesn't pull on the O ring too much does it?
    They are very tough but, as you said, next I will try the handle at the top of the bag.

I was actually thinking the plastic piece near the bag that the strap attaches to.

Hardware on the cafe strap.

On the sides of the Large Cafe Bag is the bag's shoulder strap sewn on via webbing or are there like "d-rings" so you can choose any strap you would like?

On the sides of the Large Cafe Bag is the bag's shoulder strap sewn on via webbing or are there like "d-rings" so you can choose any strap you would like?
    The Large Cafe Bag has yet another system a sewn on piece of strap material which holds a buckle.

Any of the 3 straps offered by Tom Bihn

The Simple Strap, Absolute Strap and Q-AM Shoulder Strap can be put in the buckle.

I ordered my first Large Cafe Bag with a Simple Strap, it was adequate but I also ordered an Absolute Shoulder Strap for my Aeronaut and Vertical Brain Cell.
    It turned out that I always use the Vertical Brain Cell inside the Brain Bag and I store craft in my Aeronaut.

So, with the remote help of Darcy, I removed the hardware from the Absolute Strap and removed the Simple Strap from the Large Cafe Bag then threaded the Absolute Strap on the buckle.

It was easy to do but now I order my Large Cafe Bags directly with the Absolute Strap.

The Absolute Strap is such a genius design that it absorbs weight and bounce, an enormous plague when one had to walk at a fast pace or run to catch a bus, train or plane.

In those cases, the waist strap is also a great help.

You know I have never thought of clipping my water bottle holder to the side buckle... Good Idea!

I'm glad you like the idea. I already own this strap. http://www.redoxx.com/Cool-Luggage-A...aw/170/Product Would this work with the bag?

I'm glad you like the idea. I already own this strap. http://www.redoxx.com/Cool-Luggage-A...aw/170/Product Would this work with the bag?

I have no idea if it would fit. Maybe another board member can answer that.

I also have an extra padded but kind of flimsy strap but I think the width is thinner.

I would not dream of using anything else than the Absolute Shoulder Strap.

I have been traveling for a long time, ever since I was tiny, I had more than my share of very uncomfortable handles and straps digging into my hands and shoulders. I didn't like that at all.

The Absolute Strap is the best strap I have ever used.
    Do your back and shoulders a favor and order it with your Large Cafe Bag.

I think it feels like American Football padding without the bulk, you may already have the uniform.

The Large Cafe Bag comes with the Simple Strap at no charge so there is no need to switch anything if you don't want the extra expense of the Absolute Strap.

Thanks for the post. It does look like a great strap. My only problem is that I am 6'6" and I need a longer strap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0