Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

My one problem..

with my ristretto for ipad bag is that it makes a terrible squeaking sound when Im walking, has anyone else found this? Its rather annoying and so was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to avoid it. Im using the standard strap by the way

Thanks

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    courtnej -

Try rubbing a pencil tip (graphite) around the inside of the eyelit and also the snaphook. This should solve the squeak. OR, we'd be glad to send you plastic snaphooks for your strap - these are just as tough as the metal snaphooks, and the plastic on metal won't produce a squeak.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hey I tried the pencil trick and it hasn't quite worked.

There's also a swivel point where the oval bit (with the webbing strap sewn around it) meets the clip itself. Perhaps try graphite (eg 2B pencil) in there as well?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0