Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

News on New/Upcoming Bags

From the January newsletter:

-----
    Two more bags debuting in February:

A travel bag designed by Tom in Summer '09 specifically for an event at the Kennedy Center. Perfect for those who don't need or want hide-away backpack straps.

And: something that will allow you to take your iPhone river rafting, or read your Kindle in the bathtub.
    -----

I was partularly interested in the iPhone thing. Whatever happened with these? Still on the way? Did the iPad announcement change the size of it?

Thanks,
    Dave

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    They're just a little late - some last minute touches that made them even more amazing. I'll post news/pictures soon!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Great -- can't wait to see them!

Any early reports on the estimated size of the travel bag? I would love something bigger than an Aeronaut.

I'm sure I'm not the only one highly anticipating any information at all on the new bags. Even size relative to other Bihn bags on the Compass & the other new travel bags would be helpful. I'm holding off ordering a bag smaller than the Aeronaut, but, will be traveling the 2nd week of April and could use a nice new bag.

All of the new travel bags (those debuting soon) will be smaller than the Aeronaut, if that helps...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ahh - that helps, let's play "Is it bigger than a breadbasket"? Sorry, just getting "itchy"...

Okay, smaller than the Aeronaut. Between the Tri-Star and the Western Flyer? Or bigger than both or smaller than both or on par with either?

(This whole insatiable-curiousity thing is not helpful when it comes to new bag development timelines!)

Arrow New Hint on the April 2010 Products

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    All of the new travel bags (those debuting soon) will be smaller than the Aeronaut, if that helps...
    Thanks Darcy, that is a big help. I will stay with an Aeronaut for my next order.

FYI fellow TB fanatics, I heard from Katy via email and the Field Journal is not one of the products that will be announced in April. We are worse than kids on Christmas Eve, hehehe :P
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

New products coming?

Hi Tom Bihn Crew,

I was wondering if there will be any backpacks coming? I heard something like a synapse, only a little bigger.

Thanks!

J

Did any of the new bags show up in the store today?

Weight of one of the new travel bags. It may debut next week -

Dyneema 11.2 ounces / 315 grams
    Ballistic 17.2 ounces / 485 grams

Oh that is attention grabbing! Do we get any sneak peek pics for forum members? Pleeeease with a cherry on top?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I am anxiously waiting for the debut of these bags. I ordered a Brain Bag and decided it was bigger than I wanted. I sent it back last week and was going to order a Synapse, but these new bags have me intrigued. Now the Synapse are in stock and I am having a hard time waiting.

ex machina: I hope so! We'll see...maybe early Tuesday morning.

DaveC611: None of the new bags debuting soon are backpacks - so if that's what you're looking for, the Synapse might be the ticket for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0