Padded back, ID.

I know this seems a little different to talk about, but I was wondering what the general thoughts were about the padding (foam) in the Id? Do those who own the bag like the padding. Of course I think that padding is great, gives extra protection + adds comfort. I have just never owned a padded bag.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any comments on this matter?

Talking Hey Pord...

I can tell you my thoughts only, as I don't have my ID anymore, courtesy of some Pinoy somewhere... Anyway, the padded back..It's a nice feature to have, and it didn't make the bag 'soft' or anything like that. The padding was sewn into the bag, so you don't have a chioce to remove it. The thing that I did notice was, because of it's shape with the added stiffness, the ID maintains its shape more, and doesn't conform, or 'drape' into your hip as much. I don't know if this is an issue for you or not, it sort of was for me, because in my situation here, I'm constantly dealing with crowds, and crowded sitations with not much space. I found the ID would 'stick out' a little when wearing it, so I'd have to be careful going through store aisles, otherwise I'd maybe end up knocking things off the shelf.

I wore it mainly on the Absolute Strap, I tried the Q-AM, but I was looking for something simple. With the Q-AM Strap I had trouble with the excess straps hanging off. The padded back might take up some room, as far as space goes in the zippered main compartment, but not much. I'd say go for it and get it. It's a great stylish bag, useful with the organization and the pockets, and with the build quality, it seems like it would last forever. I wore mine daily for about 8 months in Hong Kong, and for about a year here in the Philippines, so I feel like I know of what I speak! Be sure and go after the bag color you really like, you'll have it for a LONG while!

Cheers mate, and good luck,
    Dave in the Philippines
    Last edited by dbradford; 02-27-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dbradford View Post
    I can tell my thoughts only, as I don't have my ID anymore, courtesy of some Pinoy somewhere... Anyway, the padded back..It's a nice feature to have, and it didn't make the bag 'soft' or anything like that. The padding was sewn into the bag, so you don't have a chioce to remove it. The think that I did notice was, because of it's shape with the added stiffness, the ID maintains its shape more, and doesn't conform, or 'drape' into your hip as much. I don't know if this is an issue for you or not, it sort of was for me, because in my situation here, I'm constantly dealing with crowds, and crowded sitations with not much space. I found the ID would 'stick out' a little when wearing it, so I'd have to be careful going through store aisles, othewise I'd maybe end up knocking things off the shelf.

I wore it mainly on the Absolute Strap, I tried the Q-AM, but I was looking for something simple. With the Q-AM Strap I had trouble with the excess straps hanging off. The padded back might take up some room, as far as space goes in the zippered main compartment, but not much. I'd say go for it and get it. It's a great stylish bag, useful with the organization and the pockets, and with the build quality, it seems like it would last forever. I wore mine daily for about 8 months in Hong Kong, and for about a year here in the Philippines, so I feel like I know of what I speak! Be sure and go after the bag color you really like, you'll have it for a LONG while!

Cheers mate, and good luck,
    Dave in the Philippines
    Thanks Dave for the reply! You were really helpful.

Thumbs up Glad I could help mate!

If you have more questions, let me know!

Cheers,
    Dave in the Philippines

Added thought..

You know Pord, I forgot to mention, when the ID was on the Q-Am Strap, it was really comfortable cinched up riding on my back. The padding won't let you feel anything sharp or bulky on your back.
    I was wearing a removable day pack (backpack) from a Dana Designs travel pack I have. It was really uncomfortable wearing it through both shoulders with it loaded, seemed like it was high up on my back and bulky, sort of a divers air tank feeling. It was a disaster on one shoulder, as it would constantly fall off, usually when I was carrying something in both hands. So the padding in the back panel of the ID is really nice in that regards.

I think it's a very light, tough, THIN foam pad on the ID, if that helps. Take care guy, let us know what you decide, and of course, pics are ALWAYS welcome!

Dave in the Philippines
    Last edited by dbradford; 02-27-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbradford View Post
    You know Pord, I forgot to mention, when it was on the Q-Am Strap, it was really comfortable cinched up riding on my back. The padding won't let you feel anything sharp or bulky on your back.
    I was wearing a removable day pack (backpack) from a Dana Designs travel pack I have. It was really uncomfortable wearing it through both shoulders with it loaded, seemed like it was high up on my back and bulky, sort of divers air tank feeling. It was a disaster on one shoulder, as it would constantly fall off, usually when I was carrying something in both hands. So the padding in the back panel of the ID is really nice in that regards. I think it's a very light, tough, THIN foam pad, if that helps. Take care guy, let us know what you decide, and of course, pics are ALWAYS welcome!

Dave in the Philippines
    Of course, thanks Dave.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0