Tri-Star shoulder strap attachment points

So from the description of the Tri-Star:

"The attachment points for an optional shoulder strap are off-set on the Tri-Star to provide the best balance and comfort should you carry the bag with a shoulder strap"

It appears after looking at pictures of this, these off-centered points would be more advantageous to those wanting to put the bag over their right shoulder. Has anyone had experience using the Tri-Star strapped over their left shoulder?

Or to Darcy and the Crew: is it possible for a lefty to request upon order of a Tri-Star that the off-center points be reversed?

Thanks again for the help all!

Interesting point, photomatt. Perhaps just adding 2 additional points would make the more versatile in general.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Machina- that's actually a great idea!

In general, most "things" in life are designed with the right-handed person first and foremost; and the Tri-Star is no exception, with everything geared to rightys from the location of the pockets, direction the zippers open/close, etc.

This potential issue certainly didn't keep me from buying the Aeronaut which I absolutely love.

**Darcy/Anyone at Tom Bihn- What are your thoughts on adding the two additional off-centered attachment points on the Tri-Star? Aside from the upside of the bag being more appealing to the left-handed people, what are the drawbacks and/or potential problems of a fix like this?

Or if this is not mass-producable, can I please make a one-time request upon placement of my order of a Tri-Star? With a cherry on top?

Thanks again!

-Matthew

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by photomatt View Post
    It appears after looking at pictures of this, these off-centered points would be more advantageous to those wanting to put the bag over their right shoulder. Has anyone had experience using the Tri-Star strapped over their left shoulder?
    We found that the placement works well for wearing on the right or the left shoulder, and that the bag feels well-balanced regardless of which shoulder you carry it on - so, there's not a need to add an extra set of attachment points (which would only add weight to the bag.) That should be good news for you!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I agree, I switch shoulders depending on the traveling context and have found it equally comfortable on either side. The pockets are easily accessible either way, though being right hand dominant, I find it much easier to open them when the bag is on my right.

Chris

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0