Question Size question for Ego, Super Ego.

I'm just curious, after the dust has settled and people have had their bags for awhile and put them to daily use, does anyone wish they'd gone to the bigger Super Ego, or down to the smaller Ego?

I'm the most interested to hear from the smaller framed folks, 5' 6" and under, and the people who get out and about daily with their bags, not only the ones who use theirs to go out to their cars and back. Lugging a lot of different things daily, grocery shopping, riding on public transportation, traveling, etc.

It looks like the flap doesn't cover the pockets all the way, has anyone had any issues with that, or maybe wished for something a little different in that department. I'm thinking rain and dirt can easily work it's way in, or for things to fall out (and maybe theft).

Cheers,
    Dave in the Philippines

Thumbs up EGO

I'm about 5'7" and have an EGO. This is just the right size for me. The Super EGO would have been too big. The EGO carries everything I need for work. I originally ordered it with the QAM strap. However, with all the stuff I carry, I bought the Absolute strap later. I should have originally ordered it with the absolute strap.

I don't have a problem with the front open pockets. I have a couple of clear organizer pouches attached by 16 inch straps to the front eyelets.
    One pouch has my thumb drives and RSA Secure key for VPN. This gives me quick access.

The EGO will be used as a carry on for our trip to Seattle. It will hold camera equipment, chargers, etc carried in clear organizer pouches and snake charmers. Easier for TSA inspections if needed.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Thumbs up Thanks BPritchard!

That helps! I continually find myself vacillating between bags now, with looking forward (haha) to replacing my ID. I think the ID will be fine, then I remember lacking space when I was shopping. Then I pendulum swing, and start thinking of going through crowds and going through, and being in tight spaces with a bigger bag. I wish sometimes I was just facing carrying it out to my car (in the US), putting it on the floorboard, or in the trunk, and carrying it in to work. Oh well, not going to happen.

I swear I need a TARDIS!

I actually broke down and got the Super Ego after having purchased the Ego. I use the Ego as my daily to-the-office bag. Since I have allergies to everything, I find that my stash of prescriptions takes up the most space. I still have plenty of space left over for tons of files & other junk.

The Super Ego is used for trips when I need to take the 17" computer. With the brain cell, it seems to hold a little bit less than the Ego (Ego is used w/o the brain cell).

The Super Ego seems to stay a bit narrower than the Ego, which can bulk out with all of my stuff.

The deciding factor on which bag I use boils down to the computer. Sad to say, I might have been happier with the Brain Bag instead of the Super Ego (weight distribution) but I'm not unhappy with the Super Ego.

Hope that helps a bit!

Thumbs up Additionally......

Besides the EGO for work, I also have a Swift that I use to carry my insulated lunch box and water bottle. Also my umbrella when it rains.
    I use an older Absolute strap for the Swift - attached to the eyelets. Works great as a strap. Swift is also useful to keep water bottles, snacks, etc for a weekend getaway or BYOB parties.

Hey BPritchard,

What kind of insulated lunch box did you carry in your Swift?

Thanks,

The Mountain Man

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Hey BPritchard,

What kind of insulated lunch box did you carry in your Swift?

Thanks,

The Mountain Man
    Made by Columbia. Don't know the model. Has a lower section about 8"(l) x 5(w)" x 3"(h). The upper section is domed and is 2 1/2" high.

Capacity is enough for my lunch. For leftovers that need to be heated, I use two different sizes of anchorware glass bowls with tops. I prefer to heat food in glass instead of plastic.

how is using the eye rings on the swift. no problem with seam integrity? I wouldn't be carrying books or anything just yarn.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0