Question about the Ristretto

Specifically, the iPad/Netbook one. In every picture with the flap closed, it appears that the main pocket is not fully covered by the flap; there is a small space on either side that appears to be open, which would make carrying it in the rain problematic. I don't have this issue with my ID because the main pocket zips closed, but as much as I'd love the smaller Ristretto for the iPad, this would be a dealbreaker.

Are the pictures not telling the whole story, or is it really slightly open to the elements?

Thanks,
    Dave

I just got the iPad/Netbook Ristretto. The pad does not zip. However, with the way the flap tucks with my netbook in it, as well as the way the top flap comes over, it's a long, winding road for water to get in there. The seam where the side and the back of the bag come together is almost curved around the area, and I have to sort of pry my finger in to be able to see the opening.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom carried the Ristretto everyday for months (he's now using a Zephyr) and didn't experience problems with rain getting under the flap - and if he did, he would have redesigned the bag. I've used a Cafe Bag for 8+ years, which has a similar flap design, and haven't had any rain get in the main compartment. Hope that helps!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the responses, that helps a lot. Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to be conservative and get black/steel or wild and get black/wasabi. Yes, that's as wild as I get.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0