Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Question Brain Cell for 15" Unibody MBP with Speck Hardcase

I just ordered a Speck Products See Thru Case for Pro 15-inch MacBook Aluminum Unibody/Black Keyboard (Clear) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

I currently have a 4Z Vertical Brain Cell for my MBP. I don't believe the Speck case will fit in the Brain Cell. Any thoughts on if there's a Brain Cell size that will be able to fit both?

Yea, I think I may be being a little bit over protective.

i have a 15" MBP in a speck see-thru case, and a 4Z brain cell. it's a tight squeeze, but it fits. i did the little adjustment to make a bit more room (lengthwise) in my brain cell, which helped.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bluedawg View Post
    i have a 15" MBP in a speck see-thru case, and a 4Z brain cell. it's a tight squeeze, but it fits. i did the little adjustment to make a bit more room (lengthwise) in my brain cell, which helped.
    Awesome. What's this "little adjustment" you did?

Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    I just ordered a Speck Products See Thru Case for Pro 15-inch MacBook Aluminum Unibody/Black Keyboard (Clear) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

I currently have a 4Z Vertical Brain Cell for my MBP. I don't believe the Speck case will fit in the Brain Cell. Any thoughts on if there's a Brain Cell size that will be able to fit both?

Yea, I think I may be being a little bit over protective.

Measure the external dimensions of your macbook along with the see thru case. Input those numbers in my Brain Cell Size Fit tool (see my sign). If there is one that'll fit, it'll let you know.
    Check out my Size Fit Tool for TB's Laptop Bags (H/V Brain Cell and Cache), extensible to other bags in general

Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    Awesome. What's this "little adjustment" you did?
    if you reach all the way down to the bottom of your brain cell, you can pull the innards out toward you, and they velcro across the bottom. you can open the velcro and readjust it to make it a bit "looser/longer" and then stuff it back in. voila!

Search you-tube, there's a video there as well. I'd mention the link, but can't access it at the work place
    Check out my Size Fit Tool for TB's Laptop Bags (H/V Brain Cell and Cache), extensible to other bags in general

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0