• 1 Post By eWalker
  • 2 Post By K9TB
  • 2 Post By Hollie
  • 2 Post By gochicken

Thread: Possible new sling bag options?

Volunteer Moderator

Possible new sling bag options?

Hi,

The recent discussion about moving to smaller devices (in the thread for maverick's ID bag video) makes me wonder whether Tom might release another sling bag designed along the lines of the original Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Between a computer at work and a computer at home, why do most of us need to carry around a computer? Many people already have smart phones, and with the iPad and other lightweight larger-screen devices, we will be freed of that weight and bulk. I'm so happy at the thought of a tablet I can just slip into the Synapse, the Cafe Bag, the Swift, or the Shop Bag; I've been waiting for this forever (I considered a netbook and an iPod Touch; neither was close enough to what I wanted). Ergonomically, we'll be much better off.
    moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi,

The recent discussion about moving to smaller devices (in the thread for maverick's ID bag video) makes me wonder whether Tom might release another sling bag designed along the lines of the original Buzz.

moriond
    Letīs hope maybe this will be one of the June surprises!
    Orders shipped! Waiting for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 arrival! ETA: August 29!!

I would be all over that.

I love my Little Swift but I'd prefer something with a more secure closure when traveling. I could see easily losing things/having things fall out if I put this on its side under the plane seat in front of me. I have the small stuff coralled in smaller tethered pockets but that doesn't keep a water bottle or my hairbrush from falling out.

If they don't come out with a new sling back, I'd go for a Synapse 12.
    Hollie and eWalker like this.

How do you remember all that stuff, or do you have a system? You're the institutional memory of this place. I'm in awe.

PS. I used to be gmanedit, till that log-in and password repeatedly failed to work. I really like pie: blueberry, cherry, coconut custard, lemon meringue—everything but pecan (too sweet).

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I would be all over that.

I love my Little Swift but I'd prefer something with a more secure closure when traveling. I could see easily losing things/having things fall out if I put this on its side under the plane seat in front of me. I have the small stuff coralled in smaller tethered pockets but that doesn't keep a water bottle or my hairbrush from falling out.

I would love a small (H x W x D: 15" x 9" x 4" ) sling (shoulder and crossbody) bag with a design something like a vertical co-pilot!
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-03-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Hollie likes this.
    Orders shipped! Waiting for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 arrival! ETA: August 29!!

I would soooo love a sling. I have not been able to find a smartly designed one.
    Hollie and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I would love this, too! I think it speaks so well of the basic design that we want it in several different sizes.

I've always loved the backpack purses, but it's rare to find grown-up-looking ones (i.e. not covered in teddy bears) in a non-leather material. Leather is heavy, bulky, doesn't last as long as our beloved Cordura, and can't withstand a deluge. Oh, to think what Tom Bihn could do!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
    PS. I used to be gmanedit
    So that's where you went! Glad you are here!

I do like your new name... my son sometimes goes by "Ilikepi" on sites, because he likes pie AND he is a math guy... he likes pi!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0