Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^ You're not going to believe this, but I just searched for both the Stablio and the Faber Castell highlighter pencils on the OfficeMax web-site and could not find them.

Bummer.

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi MtnMan,

You'd do better to try a local art supply store instead of Office Max for the Stabilo Greenlighter Highlighters. In a pinch you could order online from somewhere like this ArtSuppliesOnline page.

moriond

I just received my second major purchase from Tom Bihn today, which included a new Side Effect and some new Clear Organizer Pouches, among these a Pen & Pencil Pouch. I have not had time to do anything with these new wares yet, but I'm already impressed.

I'm always happy to read about satisfied purchasers, particularly as my next order date is approaching. It maintains my confidence in the continuing quality and attention to detail that keeps me coming back to Tom Bihn.

It looks like my plan for my next order to be in March is now pushed back just a bit, to the first week in April. I can live with that; maybe it will prove a boon and my order window will match up with some of the new items in the works? Either way, I have some serious decisions as to what I will be getting. Must be nice to be a billionaire like Branson or Gates, and be able to just look at a catalog as a whole and say 'I'll take it.'
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Would the pen & pencil pouch hold a standard razor and a few extra blades? Thinking about using it in my toiletry kit.

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Would the pen & pencil pouch hold a standard razor and a few extra blades? Thinking about using it in my toiletry kit.
    Hi bltkmt, I've been using a medium sized clear pouch for a mini-kit until I get a 3D Clear Organizer Cube. I have a large shaving kit but I don't need everything in it with me every time. So I made up a simpler kit in a medium pouch which I pretty much use as my go-to kit unless I need to use my beard/hair trimmer.

The materials are the same as the pencil case in type and quality (I own the pencil case too.) In the medium pouch I can fit a full size stick deodorant, medium sized toothpaste tube, toothbrush and holder, razor, travel tissue pack, earplugs in a case, travel pack of hand-wipes, and I keep a short key-strap looped on the bags clip. The loop makes it easy to hang on or around an object. So far it is working out well (several months.) The pencil case does not have a huge volume, but it could hold a standard razor and a few blades. Like say a Sensor, or Mach 3 and a 4 track of cartridges I don't see being a problem. Of course, the blade surfaces must be covered at all times while in the bag. I have been using a disposable since around Valentine's Day and I just put the cover back on it after I clean it out. Been working fine that way, and the bag is like new.

BTW, I purchased some excellent architect pencil sharpeners at Staples yesterday. They are metal, and have a very sharp edge. The are in the architect supply section and not near the other pencil sharpeners. They fit quite nicely in the pencil case. They are the kind with no catch basin for the shavings. I had one that used a catch basin but it got crowded in the pencil case with it. These metal ones are dynamite.

Hope that helps.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Perfect information! Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0