My Brain Cell Fit Tool

Hi folks - I designed a basic tool in Excel to help you decide which Brain Cell may be a good fit for you. If the TB mentions your laptop as having a perfect fit with one of their sizes, then you are in luck. Else you can use my tool to help you decide.

In the attached file, enter the dimensions of your laptop in cells B2,C2,D2. Then enter weights as per your needs. If you want the height of the laptop to have a very snug fit in the bag, mention 100% under height, if you don't mind the bag being wider than your laptop mention a value less than 100%, depending on how important it is to you, etc. Finally, if you want a visual aid, choose a Brain Cell size in cell G5.

Hope this tool helps.

Edit: Attachment deleted per bagman's request; see new version in post below
    Last edited by Just; 01-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Do let me know if you found the tool helpful. It's very basic, yet any feedback is welcome. The TB team can also use it. It is extensible, in that you simply need to add new sizes to the list (The table with borders) and the tool will incorporate them. The macro is not really required, but enables the visual comparison feature.

Bagman: this is just amazing......I think TB should award you a TB prize for this painstaking work...and it does work really great!!
    thanks for doing this...

Thanks, let me know if you have any tips for improvement

Cool Version 2

It took a lot more time that I expected, but I made some considerable changes to my "TOM BIHN Size Fit Tool". Now, it can be used to estimate sizes for all three bags - H Brain Cell, V Brain Cell, Cache. In addition, there are proper instructions for use and nice color coding for usability... trying to keep in line with TB's quality and workmanship .

Note: This tool can be used to estimate any size in general.. even for TheBuzz or any other Messenger/Briefcase/Backpack. The concept is the same, and all we need to do is create a table for a new bag, or enter the values in the current tables.

As before, this tool is flexible and open source (for those who understand VBA). If there are new BrainCell/Cache sizes, simply add them to the list, or if you want to mess around with the worksheet layout or VBA code, I have used constants to minimize maintenance. The worksheet is protected only to prevent user errors, and can be unprotected, if needed, without a password.

Do reply with comments/suggestions.

Also, if a mod can delete the original attachment or edit the post to reflect this attachment, that'd be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very useful indeed.
    I have ordered a laptop which isn't in the fit-list yet, and i found it much easier to find the right size brain bag with this tool.

Thank you very much.

Wow I have a fan

Anyway, I haven't updated this in a while, so if any of you would like to update it based on new bags, feel free to do so.
    Check out my Size Fit Tool for TB's Laptop Bags (H/V Brain Cell and Cache), extensible to other bags in general

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0