Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cork and Cold Weather?

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    I'm glad your black bag is working out. If you lived in New York, where the first rule is never leave anything in your car, you could order the steel/cork/wasabi after your car was broken into.
    My uncle had his trunk broken into, and a small duffel/gym bag stolen. All the duffel contained were childhood memories (pictures, etc.) that he was transporting from his mother's old house. Stuff that was worthless to anyone except himself.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    I'm glad your black bag is working out. If you lived in New York, where the first rule is never leave anything in your car, you could order the steel/cork/wasabi after your car was broken into.

Wow, gmanedit, I live in a big little town where people still live their house doors unlocked! Once a good friend of mine dropped her wallet in the parking lot and when she got home several hours later, the finder of the wallet had returned the wallet and left it on her kitchen counter! Another friend used to leave her keys in her ignition in the parking lot at the grocery store. I've also seen keys tossed on the front driver's seat as the owner popped into the store (this scenario usually involved rugged looking manly types with pick-up trucks. I guess pocketing your keys is not cool with these types?)

All the same I know better, I'm from Detroit! I even lock my car when I pop over to my friends' houses for five minutes and I park in front of their house on the street. My motto is better safe than sorry even if it makes you look a little silly.

So, between the low odds of having my Imago stolen and the high durability of Tom Bihn bags, I'll be (happily) carrying my Blk/Blk/Wasabi Imago for a looooong while until such time comes that I can justify another investment!
    Olive/Wasabi SCB, Steel/Olive MCB, Blk/Blk/Wasabi Imago w/ Absolute Strap, Blk/Steel/Wasabi ID, Small Padded Pouch, Wallet in Olive, Mini Cork Organizer Pouch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0