Thread: Kit?

Kit?

No, not the car....does anyone have experience with the Tom Bihn Kit? Obviously it looks cool as everything does on this damn site, but what are practical uses for it from those that have it? What can fit in it?

Thanks.

It makes an excellent small sponge bag. Easily holds a large hairbrush, large comb, soap, deodorant, a cake of Lush shampoo in its tin, assorted small hairclips and hair bands, and a big hairclip. My husband and I have travelled for 3 months with just the Kit for our sponge bag - Mr Falconea's shaver travelled in a Small Organiser Pouch and I don't use any cosmetics or anything. All the basics fit neatly.

It's also a very nice pencil case.

I have three of them!

Audrey
    Last edited by falconea; 11-11-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added packing list.

Is there a Maverick video on this?

The Kit holds a lot stuff

Around 10 empty Mini Organizer Pouches really stuffed tight. Grape Kit 1

An assortment of small plastic canvas shapes. Grape Kit 2

Small parts for extra Absolute Strap. Black Kit

4 Small Organizer pouches full of coins or Kit as coin purse. Steel Kit (former use)

A JVC small camcorder and assorted padding. Steel Kit (current use)

The Steel Kit is the one that is used most often.
    First because I love Steel and second because it is a Tom Bihn staple color and if it gets dirty, I can always get another one.

I don't remember when I got my Steel Kit but it is certainly a couple of years and it hasn't gotten dirty even after holding coins.

It is ideally suited to be a cosmetics, hair accessories, electronics cables, coupons, mini clear and wood stamps container, mini beads container holder and mini sewing Kit...

I believe it would make a great markers case.

The possibilities to store small things are endless.

Something I've come to learn in using Tom Bihn bags and accessories is that they have subtle yet powerful design features. They are well thought out. Applications or methods of use I had not considered at purchase become apparent over time. That's another thread I would like to see: how do you use your Tom Bihn bags and accessories?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Is there a Maverick video on this?
    not yet, but one of these days...

Will the kit hold a normally sized toothbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer View Post
    Will the kit hold a normally sized toothbrush?
    Yes, in a toothbrush case.

Audrey

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0