Padded carry loop for Synapse

I am one of the many who have been waiting for the Synapse for over a year. In the meantime, I bought and use a Smart Alec. One of my favorite features of the SA is the padded carry handle at the top of the backpack where the shoulder straps meet the bag. It really adds that 'extra touch' that separates a regular backpack from a Tom Bihn.

From looking at the pictures of the Synapse, it appears the carry loop is just a simple flat strap. Is that correct, and if so, is there any chance of getting one with a padded loop. Thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi malamalama,

welcome to the forum!

if i'm not mistaken, i think tom bihn includes the a padded grab handle on larger backpacks that would carry a heavier load, such as the smart alec and brain bag.

on the other hand, smaller bags like the synapse, ruck's sac, and buzz sling bag that would carry a smaller load, have webbing loops on top instead.

i have both a smart alec and (as of yesterday!) a synapse, and yes, that's correct. i agree that a padded carry loop would be awesome, but at the moment i'm a little distracted by all of the other wonderful things about the synapse to dwell on it much.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    maverick is correct. I don't think a padded handle will be added to the Synapse - since it should be primarily carried as a backpack, the extra bulk of a padded handle might get in the way more than it is useful.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0