O-Rings in Tom Bihn Bags

Hi Darcy & Tom Bihn crew-

I just recently bought an Aeronaut with all the goodies (absolute strap, packing cubes, and organizer pouch). After looking everything over I am truly amazed at the attention to detail -- I love the O-Rings in your bags!

Is it possible for me to purchase two of these black-strapped O-Rings so that I may sew them into another bag I already have? Or do you know of a supplier I might be able to purchase them from?

I have had the darndest of times scouring the internet looking for an accessory like this to buy.

Thanks so much!

-Matt in San Diego

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Matt!

We've considered this, but we've decided that encouraging people to modify their own bags isn't a good idea. It would void the lifetime guarantee, and folks might make modifications that would harm the bag or go against the way Tom designed it to be used - think sewing an o-ring to the exterior of a bag, then clipping a 1-liter water bottle to it. Yikes! A lot of thought goes into Tom's designs, and there's often a reason why things are the way they are - why there isn't an o-ring in one pocket while there is one in another. Edited to add: in addition, adding our o-rings to another brand of bags is adding our design features to another brand... which isn't something that feels right to us.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-09-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Smile For the modders

Quote Originally Posted by photomatt View Post
    Hi Darcy & Tom Bihn crew-

I just recently bought an Aeronaut with all the goodies (absolute strap, packing cubes, and organizer pouch). After looking everything over I am truly amazed at the attention to detail -- I love the O-Rings in your bags!

Is it possible for me to purchase two of these black-strapped O-Rings so that I may sew them into another bag I already have? Or do you know of a supplier I might be able to purchase them from?

I have had the darndest of times scouring the internet looking for an accessory like this to buy.

Thanks so much!

-Matt in San Diego
    Here is a link that provides the materials to modify bags.

As Darcy said, if you modify a TB bag, the lifetime warranty is null and void.
    However, we computer modders realize this in reference to our equipment.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Head's up: There's an annoying sound track that plays on opening.

(One of my peeves, though it looks like they have some interesting stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Head's up: There's an annoying sound track that plays on opening.

(One of my peeves, though it looks like they have some interesting stuff.)
    Yeah! I noticed that. I was listening to a radio stream and wondered "what is this?"; figured it was someting wrong with the station.

They need to elimnate this "annoyance".
    I will mention it if I order from this site to "mod out" my swift bag.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0