Checkpoint friendly sleeve Macbook 15"

Hi All,

I just bought a new 15" Macbook Pro last week and will be traveling. Is there a laptop sleeve that I can leave the laptop in when it goes through security?

thanks
    J

Volunteer Moderator
    hi j,

you can carry the 15" macbook pro in:

all of the aforementioned are checkpoint friendly.

the size 4z horizontal brain cell doesn't qualify as checkpoint friendly because it has metal snaps. but several people have sent their laptop computers through tsa security checkpoints in the horizontal brain cell without issue.

let me know if you have any additional questions.

Smile

Cool. Thanks again Maverick! So I can keep the laptop inside the bag and send it through the scanner.. Right?

J

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Cool. Thanks again Maverick! So I can keep the laptop inside the bag and send it through the scanner.. Right?

J
    hi j,

sorry, somehow i missed answering your post. i sometimes read the forum posts on my iphone as soon as i get a notification, and forget to go back and respond when i get a chance to get back to my computer. that's what happened here.

yes, you should be fine sending your laptop through the security scan in the checkpoint friendly cases i mentioned.

this shouldn't happen, but if you run into a tsa agent at a security checkpoint that is not yet familiar with the checkpoint friendly laptop bag concept, my recommendation would be to go ahead and comply with their request to remove the laptop from the case.

good luck with your travels! let us know which case you select and how your travels go.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0