Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I bid on that bag! Small world

Hmmm.
    At first - I think Tom Bihn discovered how to slow down time. I'm waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ... and ... for my Zephyr. (I hope to get it next week).

But it was really nice to see that your considered your purchase from all points of view ( i did it also). So SALUTES to you.

Fact is that i dont know anyone who lives in states but I got a feeling that usual US citizens buys way too much stuff (what a heck - i buy 4 of those and 3 of those. I dont need em all, but they have different colors or something like that).

(PS! 2 facts before you shoot me - "If everyone consumed like Americans, we'd need 5,4 Earths to sustain us." - National Geographic. State of the Earth 2010. "23% of global energy is consumed by the United States, which has only 5% of the world's population." - National Geographic. State of the Earth 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Rister View Post
    Hmmm.
    At first - I think Tom Bihn discovered how to slow down time. I'm waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ... and ... for my Zephyr. (I hope to get it next week).

But it was really nice to see that your considered your purchase from all points of view ( i did it also). So SALUTES to you.

Fact is that i dont know anyone who lives in states but I got a feeling that usual US citizens buys way too much stuff (what a heck - i buy 4 of those and 3 of those. I dont need em all, but they have different colors or something like that).

(PS! 2 facts before you shoot me - "If everyone consumed like Americans, we'd need 5,4 Earths to sustain us." - National Geographic. State of the Earth 2010. "23% of global energy is consumed by the United States, which has only 5% of the world's population." - National Geographic. State of the Earth 2010.

I live in the U.S, I was a geography/history major and became well aware of the devastation consumerism is inflicting on our planet.

Most of us, in the forum, have a somewhat limited budget and make sure that we buy quality over quantity.

I do have duplicates of Tom Bihn bags but they are in different colors.

I know that my Cafe Bags, Swifts, Brain Bags and future Synapses are going to last a lifetime, even if they are used everyday.

I also know that I love to have my needlework supplies all in one place, (a vintage Grape Lux) and my projects and yarns housed in color coordinated Swifts.
    In a pinch, I can use a Swift as a purse, picnic basket, library books hauling device or as an extra piece of luggage during car or train travel.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind having an unlimited budget to buy every Tom Bihn bag and accessory.
    I would be able to auction off the ones I cannot use to benefit my favorite non-profits.

I would also be able to come visit every month, see every prototype, play with bags live and get to know each and every person at Tom Bihn Inc.
    I would also love a nice ferry ride to visit British Columbia.
    Then, have a once in a lifetime experience every time I see whales on a boat tour or visit Olympic National park.

In real life, I have been dreaming about that Pacific Northwest trip for a long time, it is still in the imaginary phase.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-25-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Well, here's something real to think about: my projected delivery date is the 30th. I plan on ripping open that box as soon as it arrives, unpacking everything and putting it to use. There will be no time wasted, and I will try to get pictures up as soon as possible. I'm hoping either the 30th or Halloween. If it's Halloween, I may get dressed up to pose with my new Super Ego.
    Last edited by MtnMan; 10-25-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo correction

Ruc's Sack Color Question

The Ruc's Sack web page displays an image of the backpack in the exterior color of Sapphire. But the pop-up selection menu does not offer Sapphire as an option. Why?

As I await my Super Ego purchase, I am thinking about purchasing a new backpack down the road. I would love to have a Ruc's Sack in Sapphire or some other bluish color. The same Indigo as used in the Tri-Star would look great.
    Last edited by MtnMan; 10-28-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added a link URL

Since no one official has responded,

I'll jump in.

This is pure surmise: When a new product is offered, the range of colors is widest. As time goes on, the colors are restricted. The colors available at a given time are in the drop-down menu; the product images may or may not be updated.

I am surprised that only two choices are currently available for the Ruck's Sack—probably all that's left of the last batch. You might want to ask Darcy or Katy what's planned for the next production run and when that will be.

I am also surprised that the blue for the Synapse is called Indigo. I thought Indigo was the ballistic blue (as in the Tri-Star) and Sapphire the Cordura blue.

Not sure about the ruck's sack. We have indigo in both cordura and ballistic. It is stunning either way. It is one of my favorite colors, you know..aside from punch of course.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thanks, Katy.

The reason I started this thread is that the web page for the Ruck's Sac displays the bag in blue/Sapphire, but the pop-up menu for selecting a color does not mention any such color. Is this bag available in blue/Sapphire exterior?

I'm looking into it for you. But I believe that what is in the drop down is what is available.

FWIW, the best exterior colors for the Ruc's Sack:

Blue/Indigo/Sapphire
    Red/Crimson
    Purple/Plum
    Steel/Grey

I'm shocked (shocked, I tell you!) that some of these colors were apparently never offered for this bag. I also get this weird compulsion to suggest Solar/Yellow, but that would look pretty loud, like something from Timbuk2... kinda Gen Y-like.

Thanks for your patience. We've checked high and low, and we are officially sold out of the Sapphire exterior Ruck's Sac. The available colors are (as on all product pages) the ones selectable in the drop-down color selection menu. Hope that helps!

Drat.

Somebody please consider ordering the material for more Sapphire bags, or making more of them, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Drat.

Somebody please consider ordering the material for more Sapphire bags, or making more of them, or whatever.
    Indigo has replaced Sapphire.

Tom Bihn factory is small. The company releases a bag, decides on the color, make the bag available for pre-order and fill that order.

In the meantime, another popular bag stock is getting depleted or has so much bags on back order, it is time to make a batch of bag A (depleted stock) or/and bag B (back ordered or in danger to be so).

Production depend on how much bag are ordered, in other words, already sold, to keep cash flow going.

It is very tricky, a bag or even an accessory that just got very good press, is most likely to be ordered and in danger of being back ordered within a short time frame.

Many people have been waiting for a Synapse for a long time and have pre-ordered one or many of them {you know who you are } but the demand for the Ruck Sack is, at the moment, not as strong.

So it makes sense that Synapses are produced right now but Ruck Sack production might be on hold.

As others have said, when one really really really wants a Tom Bihn bag in a particular color better order or even pre-order it, the minute the color is in the drop down menu, even before photos are posted.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-30-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Just received my Super Ego, Horizontal Freudian Slip, and Brain Cell about an hour ago.

I immediately unpacked the units, checked them out, and tried them on. Then I took my old briefcase, emptied it out and moved everything into either the Super Ego or the Slip. My MacBook Pro went into the Brain Cell next.

I tried it on, fully loaded, and was impressed.

I will be taking pictures tomorrow.

Congratulations!

Welcome to the Borg.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0