Old-style Ristretto?

Hi, all. I have a small cafe bag that I use every day, and I'd long-ago decided that I'd pick up a Ristretto bag when I bought my next Macbook. Gearing up for the purchase, I decided to see what colors are available, only to find that the new version of the Ristretto takes away much of what I found attractive about the bag (I haven't checked the site in a while, obviously). It's mostly details, and I understand that it's the same bag, only improved, but I really preferred the styling of the first version. Anyone have any tips on where I could locate one of the older bags? I'd ask Tom / Darcy first, but I'm kind of assuming that they've sold through all of their old stock and I'd have to rely on the secondhand market to find one.

Thanks,
    David

Volunteer Moderator
    Hello David,

I have one of the old-style Ristrettos (Plum/Wasabi), recently purchased, and I also like the design lines of the original bag (specifically, the shape of the front flap and the flow into the buckle attachment). However, there were a number of discussions, particularly ones discussing shoulder straps on cafe bags, where people wanted to secure straps with D rings for more flexible reconfiguration. While this makes it easier to pack the Ristretto in the central compartment of a Tri-Star and transfer, say, the Absolute strap between the two bags, I liked having the continuous connection to the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by dwycislak View Post
    Hi, all. I have a small cafe bag that I use every day, and I'd long-ago decided that I'd pick up a Ristretto bag when I bought my next Macbook. Gearing up for the purchase, I decided to see what colors are available, only to find that the new version of the Ristretto takes away much of what I found attractive about the bag (I haven't checked the site in a while, obviously). It's mostly details, and I understand that it's the same bag, only improved, but I really preferred the styling of the first version. Anyone have any tips on where I could locate one of the older bags? I'd ask Tom / Darcy first, but I'm kind of assuming that they've sold through all of their old stock and I'd have to rely on the secondhand market to find one.

Thanks,
    David
    I think you can just check with Darcy as to whether there are still old-style Ristrettos available in their store.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0