Has anyone used the Tall Stuff Sack as a shoe pouch?

I've seen pouches into which one can put one's (dirty) shoes when packing them into a bag, and I thought that a sturdy Dyneema version would be ideal. Has anyone tried using a Tall Stuff Sack for this purpose? The height of the bag is 11", which is more than adequate for the length of my shoes (I wear a size 36, which is about a US 5.5). What I'm less sure about is whether the 6.25" diameter opening is wide enough for a pair of shoes -- anyone have any experience with this?

I would not use my Tall Stuff Sack for shoes but it gets wide enough to fit big and bulky headphones.

I think it would fit thin ballet slippers style shoes and ballerina or other kind of thin flats. It might fit thin Sketchers.

It would be a tight fit for heavier dress or work flats and I am pretty sure it would not fit athletic or heavy shoes such as Dockers, Timberland or Ecco.

Thanks, backpack -- do you think that for heavier/athletic shoes, one could put a shoe in each of two Tall Stuff Sacks? I suppose that could get expensive, though. I'm planning an upcoming trip with my TriStar, and I'd like to protect the Solar lining from grease/mud/gum/etc. I thought if a Tall Stuff Sack would do the trick, I might place a last-minute order.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'd recommend using the Aeronaut End or Small, Western Flyer Small, or Tri-Star Medium Packing Cube for shoes.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

For my very dirty and smelly running shoes I bought an 8 liter stuff sack from a camping store. They are made of sturdy nylon material and designed for backpackers who want to isolate wet clothes. The 8 liter sack fits my mens size 10 shoe just about perfectly. Being extra paranoid I then put that bundle into one end of my Aeronaut. It's worked so far.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0