Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Smart Alec and a Mac 15.4 Unibody?

Hello! I was just perusing the site and wondering if a Smart Alec will accommodate a 4Z Vertical Brain Cell loaded with a Mac 15.4 Unibody. The dimensions look kinda tight from what I can tell. Anybody out there using that configuration? Or howabout a 4Z softcell in a Smart Alec? Also, anybody have any insight on how sturdy the unibody would be in a flex inducing situation like a loaded up backpack? I'm wondering if it would crack or something if just in a softcell...?

Thanks!
    -Howard

Volunteer Moderator
    hi howard,

the smart alec will definitely accommodate the 4z vertical brain cell with the 15.4" unibody macbook pro inside.

i've used the smart alec to carry the size 1 monolith (predecessor to the vertical brain cell) with a 17" powerbook inside and it worked very nicely.

Great! I just figured out how to search for tags on this forum, which brought me to your video in which you are loading (I think) a 15" Mac into your Brain Cell and then into your Smart Alec! Perfect! My order will be placed shortly...

i have a MBP 15.4" unibody and a smart alec with a 4Z brain cell. it works very nicely!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0