Question: TB's super-backpacks

I would like to know if anyone on this forum uses any of the larger, multi-purpose Tom Bihn travel bags (Aeronaut, Western Flyer, or Tri-Star) as a backpack for outdoor activities such as hikes, sporting activities, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, or for outdoor work or volunteerism projects. Does anyone use these kinds of large bags for something in an outdoor setting, other than as travel luggage?

I have the Aeronaut and love it. I wouldn't use it for outdoor activities though. The backpack straps and bag are comfortable for short distances. For anything longer, a bag designed as a backpack like the Brain Bag would work much better.
    The smaller bags like the Western Flyer might be designed to be comfortable for hikes but I haven't tried one.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    mrae is exactly right: the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, and Tri-Star are not designed for use as hiking packs. The backpack straps are designed to be comfortable for walking across the airport or walking to/taking public transport to your hotel after you reach your destination.

If you're looking for a day-hiking backpack, the Smart Alec and the soon-to-be-released Synapse are great.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0