Tri-Star: Thank you Tom Bihn!

I ordered my Steel and Solar Tri-Star last week, expecting that it would not be shipping until late August/Early September.

Imagine my surprise when it arrived this week! Just in time for my trip tomorrow.

I was curious if my much-loved Eagle Creek 18" Pack-It Folder would fit in the Tri-Star. It fits in the back (main) compartment perfectly! Turns out it is almost the exact same size as a large packing cube.

After a few trips I will write a review to join the others, complete with photos of my Eagle Creek in the compartment and my modified bundle wrapping.

Thank you Tom Bihn!!
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

You answered a question I was just about to ask

I have been dithering for months now, first between the Aeronaut and the Western Flyer; and now between the Aeronaut, Tri-Star, and the WF. I'm leaning toward the Tri-Star because I like the extra protection that middle pocket would give my Unibody Macbook. I am a bit paranoid about this ever since my late and much-lamented 12-inch Powerbook G4 suffered a damaged logic board when it slid out of my grip a mere twelve inches onto a carpeted floor at the Richmond airport. And it was in a laptop bag (non-Bihn, sadly) with a padded compartment that was supposed to protect it. Sigh. So now my Macbook has a Brain Cell.

Anyway, one of the questions I had just today was, "Will my favorite 18-inch Eagle Creek packing folder fit inside any of these bags?" So thanks for mentioning that it does fit inside the Tri-Star. One more reason I may have to get on the waiting list for the Indigo/Solar. I love that color; just received an Indigo Swift two weeks ago, and I can't stop staring at it.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks, mruseless - that's very useful information. Can't wait to read your review and see your pictures!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0