how to pack the tristar/

I ussually use cubes and I got the cubes for the tristar but I was wondering how bundle packing would work and if you could use the large cube for bundle packing.
    I ussually fold or roll when using the cubes?

I have practiced prepacking for a trip soon using bundling into the backpack cube. I am using the cube so my bundle doesn't come un-bundled in the bigger bag I'm currently using. The cube helps eliminate some air bulk once it is zipped up so the whole bundle takes up less room. Wrinkles are there but minimal. Try to bundle to the cube size you are using.

I've used the bundle-packing method with cubes when packing into a big bag (e.g. suitcase) and find that it works well. I make my bundle using the width/length of the cube as a guide, then place the whole bundle into a large cube and zip it up to compact it even further. I can get more clothes into the same space when bundle-packing, though I have to unfurl the bundle to get at the clothes (plus, I put a small cube with underwear, socks, etc. in the middle to wrap the clothes around).

That said, with the TriStar, I have found that I can omit the large cube and secure the bundle with the tie-downs in the rear compartment (closest to the backpack straps). The tie-downs and structure of the bag keeps things nicely compacted, so I can skip the extra hassle of the large cube -- one fewer step during the packing/unpacking process. Gotta love the TriStar!

Eagle Creek Fold-It

I have an Eagle Creek 18" Pack-It Folder, which fits the back compartment of the Tri-Star perfectly. I really like this method of packing, and it works almost as well as bundle wrapping. I use a modified version of bundle wrapping into the Pack-It Folder (or whatever its called). I'm anxious to try out the new-ish Eagle Creek Garment Folder, which supposedly is about 21" long, but I don't think this will fit into the Tri-Star.

Eric
    Last edited by mruseless; 08-08-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0