Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    Great point, backpack. A full size vertical paper carrier could be done in the Large Cafe Bag. I use the medium clear pouches as filing folders in my Medium Cafe Bag. I fold the letter sized pages in half, and carry the pouch longways, top to bottom in the bag. Makes it real easy to pull them out and return them as long as the clear window is touching fabric and not another clear window or non cloth object.

Perhaps a system of slips sized to each bag would maximize the usefulness of each, thus expanding the potential applications of each bag resulting in increasing market shares.

Now if only Tom would develop a nanobot fabric that changed color and texture depending on one's location; perhaps a leather satchel for office days, and psychedelic hemp for clubbing. :P

Funny!

You too had to deal with Urethane against Urethane stickiness (a clear sign of TB accessory addiction but... I'll take the 5th on that)

As far as the nanobot fabric is concerned, all one has to do is get in touch with cuttlefish, behavior researchers and pick their brains about chromatophores. (little cells that turn on and off inside the skin thus controling the color of the animal)

I sooo want this assignment!

Now, the trick is keeping the fabric strong but the upper layer flexible as in able to change color.

I seem to remember that there is some kind of fabric that changes color with the heat of the wearer so a very business like Black or Steel daytime bag could become a hot Red, Plum or Indigo in the club.

But what about the ones who don't go clubbing but get really into books or yarn, would it turn color at the library, bookstore, yarn shop, craft fair and the like?

Would it be "Red Alert, Mr Worf" or nerd alert everybody!
    Last edited by backpack; 11-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Can the Synapse hold a Freudian slip?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Can the Synapse hold a Freudian slip?
    hi bltkmt,

no, the vertical freudian slip will not fit in the synapse.

it will fit in the smart alec and brain bag backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom may design a Swift-specific Horizontal Freudian Slip later this year.
    Any chance this might happen soon? I had the pleasure of seeing my colleague's Swift and now I have to have one! I'm deciding between the regular Swift and the Little Swift, and this Freudian Slip topic would affect my decision. Thanks!
    Last edited by Margot; 03-19-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Good morning,
    Until Tom is better and able to design something for us maybe a Sealine Urban Backpack Orgainzer would work. It looks like it would fit in a Synapse and large Cafe Bag. Sorry, I don't seem to be able to get a functioning link pasted in. Does anyone have any experience with these?
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    Any chance this might happen soon? I had the pleasure of seeing my colleague's Swift and now I have to have one! I'm deciding between the regular Swift and the Little Swift, and this Freudian Slip topic would affect my decision. Thanks!
    I think it will happen at some point, but as to when I'm not sure. Not anytime soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

SealLine Urban Backpack Organizer

The organizer is 10" wide by 10-5/8" high. According to the instructions, its meant to slide over the stiffener that is part of the SealLine Urban backpack. It doesn't have any structure of its own so it needs to be slid over or hung from something.

It has four pen/pencil pockets, one of which is just big enough to hold a 2 AA cell mini Mag light. The other three are slightly smaller. There are a 4" wide by 5-1/4" deep slip pocket, a 5-5/8" wide by 6-1/2" deep zippered mesh pocket and a 10" wide by 6-3/4" deep slip pocket.

Sewn to the top of the largest pocket is an 18" long non-detachable strap with a clip on the end.

All the pockets are on one side of the organizer.

There's a 1" loop on the top.

Its made of light weight nylon/polyester. Nicely made, but not as robust as the Tom Bihn products.

Eagle Creek used to make two types of organizers, one mostly file folders and the other mostly pockets, similar to the horizontal Freudian Slip. They are both 13" wide by 9-1/2" high and occasionally appear on ebay and similar places.
    Last edited by JohnDel; 03-20-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0