Thread: Side Effect

TMG

Side Effect

I currently have an Empire Builder, which I love and use everyday. I am taking a trip in a few weeks to FL beach. How water/sand resistant is the side effect? Does it have YKK zippers? I would like to get something small to take to beach that can carry an ipod/wallet/blackberry/charger, etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Take a look at my post here:

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showth...3358#post13358

Worked very well for me in Cancun.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I currently have an Empire Builder, which I love and use everyday. I am taking a trip in a few weeks to FL beach. How water/sand resistant is the side effect? Does it have YKK zippers?
    We only use YKK zippers. Most of our bags use splash-proof variety of YKK zippers, though the Side Effect does not. That said, I'd be perfectly comfortable taking a Side Effect - with my iPhone, etc. - to the beach. I take my Side Effect hiking, and I'm sometimes pretty careless with it. Even still, I've never found sand/dirt/mud to get inside.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

TMG
    I went to order one today in black and saw that it won't be shipped until the end of Aug. I am going out of town on Aug 28. Do you think that it might be shipped and received before the 28th? Thanks

Great choice - mine has served me well! As I mentioned in the other thread, I am ordering a wrist lanyard similar to below to carry the Side Effect (I rarely use the waist strap).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I went to order one today in black and saw that it won't be shipped until the end of Aug. I am going out of town on Aug 28. Do you think that it might be shipped and received before the 28th? Thanks
    It's possible, but I can't be sure at this point. Our Seattle factory has just begun work on them, but there are other (larger) bags ahead of the Side Effect that take a long time to make. Sorry, wish I could be more specific.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0