Thread: which bag...

which bag...

on our upcoming trip to Europe in October we are going to travel light.
    I am taking my tristar and a messanger style camera bag that holds my slr and two lenses....small....
    My partner will be using a 19 inch roller suitcase and nothing else.

We are flying with BA so we are allowed the carry on and a personal item so that is not an issue.
    The issue is we are taking a low cost airline which is strict...the tristar just fits size wise and they have a weight of max of 10 kgs. I am worried that I might be getting very close to the weight with the macbook pro.

So I am thinking my partner will check his one main bag and then I am thinking of a bag that will fit the macbook pro and the camera messenger bag which will be within the limits of the low cost airline so something small.

suggestions what will work best for us?

Volunteer Moderator
    hi bluedenim,

i hope i'm understanding your requirements properly.

if you feel that you'll exceed that limit with the macbook pro inside of a brain cell, you could place the brain cell and macbook pro inside of the ego messenger bag that your partner could carry. the ego would also hold a mid-sized slr and two lenses that you were thinking of putting into a messenger style bag.

you have the ability to create more space in the ego by moving the brain cell with macbook pro inside into the tri-star.

if you'd prefer a backpack, the smart alec will hold the brain cell with macbook pro inside as well as your camera equipment. note that the smart alec will take a vertical brain cell. while the annex clips in the tri-star allow you to attach a horizontal brain cell, you could still place a vertical brain cell inside of the tri-star.

thanks Maverick I was wondering about that bag and if that would suit my needs!

Heya, you might wanna take a look at the Brainbag, also. It's a joy to haul around, has a ton of space, and it's a very light bag for it's size. Also, the ability to collapse it down when you're not using all of it is amazing.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Heya, you might wanna take a look at the Brainbag, also. It's a joy to haul around, has a ton of space, and it's a very light bag for it's size. Also, the ability to collapse it down when you're not using all of it is amazing.
    that's a great idea, larry!

i believe that the soon to be released camera insert will attach to the annex clips just like the brain cell. so you could nicely place the brain cell with macbook pro inside in one compartment of the brain bag and the camera insert in the other compartment.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0