Medium Cafe Bag Waist Strap

Three questions regarding the optional waist strap for the medium cafe bag...

1) Is the strap removable like on other TB bags if I decide not to use it?

2) Approximately, what is the maximum waist size the strap will fit?

3) For those who have the waist strap, do you find using it helps to distribute some of the weight off your shoulder and onto your waist?

I'm thinking the waist strap might be an additional theft deterrent in some areas.

Thanks.

The Side Effect is nice but I go to areas known for pickpockets and an unsecured waist pack is easy pickings. A messenger bag is more common among the locals.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Three questions regarding the optional waist strap for the medium cafe bag...

1) Is the strap removable like on other TB bags if I decide not to use it?
    yes, the waist strap is attached via gatekeeper clips, making it easy to remove and reattach. here is a video demonstrating the use of the gatekeeper clips.

2) Approximately, what is the maximum waist size the strap will fit?
    i'm not sure, but i'm going to estimate it's about 40."

3) For those who have the waist strap, do you find using it helps to distribute some of the weight off your shoulder and onto your waist?
    i haven't carried a very heavy medium cafe bag, so i haven't had to worry about distributing the weight. but the waist strap is very helpful in keeping the bag in place when i'm on my bike. i imagine that the waist strap would be as useful if you had to run with the medium cafe bag.

It's pretty easy to remove the waist strap on the Cafe bags. I can't speak to the weight distribution issue, but as maverick mentioned, it's very useful for biking (without something to keep a bag attached to one's torso, a bag tends to move forward and interfere with one's knees while pedaling).

Does anybody know if it the waist strap that comes with the Cafe Bags is the same as the one that is optional for the Aeronaut or TriStar?

The waist strap appear the same to me on my large Cafe bag and Aeronaut, gatekeeper clips and all.

Also, while at the San Diego Zoo recently, I did use my waist strap on my large cafe bag. My shoulder was getting sore after all day, and the waist strap made it much more comfortable to carry. I don't know that it was the most attractive way to carry it, but it sure felt good!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Does anybody know if it the waist strap that comes with the Cafe Bags is the same as the one that is optional for the Aeronaut or TriStar?
    It is the same. However, if you have an Aeronaut or Western Flyer that you received before the waist strap was an option, you'll still need the retrofit kit -FYI!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Many thanks, maverick, for the "how-to" gatekeeper video! All of you would have chuckled (okay, maybe rolled hysterically on the floor) at my attempts to remove the waist strap from my large Cafe Bag. One look at maverick's video -- easy peasy! And, in less than 10 seconds! Kudos! maverick!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0