absolute shoulder strap on medium cafe bag

I saw a You Tube video by maverick showing how to remove hardware from the absolute shoulder strap and use it with a medium cafe bag. However, my medium cafe bag is sewn into the side --and only one side has a toothed slider. so is this a different generation?

Volunteer Moderator
    hi shiva,

actually, that video featured the large cafe bag which has the toothed slides.

You know... in my quest for a good "man bag", I realized that I too would love to have a "mini-Absolute" strap option for the small and medium cafe bags. Or at least the ability to retrofit such a strap onto them...

Agree with ozone. While the Absolute strap would be a bit overkill for the medium, something a bit more supportive than the small sliding grippy pad on the standard strap would be helpful on those occasions when I have to walk longer distances. If nothing else, a larger, softer shoulder pad of some sort would be nice as an optional add-on.

Crumpler actually sells an add-on shoulder pad that can be velcroed around a shoulder strap (go to the cell phone/accessories part of their sometimes confusing website).

It would be great if TB had a removable shoulder pad!

Hi, there! I see my topic has surfaced again! When I brought this a month or so ago, backpack offered the suggestion of using the pant leg wraps found in bike stores. While this didn't work well for me but gained a new TB customer at the bike store, Darcy indicated that Tom would look at designing something similar in the coming months. Hope this helps!
    Nana8
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0