Thread: Passport Pouch

keb

Question Passport Pouch

Who has one? How many passports can it hold? Would you recommend it? (I know the last one is probably rhetorical but who knows?)
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Volunteer Moderator
    hi keb,

i have one, and have carried 3 passports inside of it.

a lot of my international trips take me to india. for these trips, in additional to my passport, i need to carry my airline e-ticket, 2 train e-tickets, and 1 or 2 hotel confirmations - in all, at least 5 sheets of paper in addition to the passport.

if i want to keep our passports and these related travel documents in the passport pouch, it becomes somewhat cumbersome for me. one of the tricks is to fold your letter size sheets in perfect thirds so that they come out and go into your passport pouch easily.

i am going to try the side effect for my next trip. i think this will work better for my particular needs.

keb
    as usual, you have also answered my next question as well!!! i have a side effect on order already so i don't think the additional pouch is necessary...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Waist packs have lots of uses....but as a place to store passports, credit cards, and anything else of value, they are like neon lights to a pickpocket.

I spent a few years as a tour director and the vast majority of the losses to pickpockets came from waist packs. Pockets were second.

Keep anything of real value.......passports, credit cards, debit cards, tickets, etc in some type of pouch/moneybelt under your clothes.

The Side Effect could still be used to carry a small water bottle, maps, guidebooks, and perhaps enough money for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Waist packs have lots of uses....but as a place to store passports, credit cards, and anything else of value, they are like neon lights to a pickpocket.

I spent a few years as a tour director and the vast majority of the losses to pickpockets came from waist packs. Pockets were second.

Keep anything of real value.......passports, credit cards, debit cards, tickets, etc in some type of pouch/moneybelt under your clothes.

The Side Effect could still be used to carry a small water bottle, maps, guidebooks, and perhaps enough money for that day.

I second the Passport Pouch as an under clothes keeper of valuables.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0