Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I looked at the Territory Ahead bags - truthfully, I'm looking for something that goes well if I'm wearing jeans or a suit. Not sure that the Territory Ahead bag will go well in a formal situation, unless I'm looking at the wrong bags.

More Man Bag Considerations

I have a Cocoa/Wasabi small Cafe Bag which I purchased used a few months ago. The wasabi color is always a bit visible around the edges of the flap when it is closed. I assume that's the case for the inner colors of all the Cafe Bags. Its something to consider for those who are color coordinating. Or at least trying not to clash.

Its a very good size for many things, but is slightly too small for 8-1/2" x 11" paper or similar sized magazines without bending or folding them.

Super Moderator
    My mom carries a giant purse -- always has.

My dad stuffs his pockets clownishly with giant wallet, books, cans of soda, watermelons, magnets, balls of wax, combs, a set of keys that will get you into or out of any major historical prison (by bending gravity enough to distort bars), utility knives, paint, lightbulbs, garage door openers, batteries, notepads, newspapers, cassettes, razors, rope, clamps, golf-balls, bookshelves, and string.

My brother makes do with less.

My sister carries an outdoorsy but small purse.

I carry a messenger bag, for (I estimate) most days of the last 20 years.

timothy

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    My dad stuffs his pockets clownishly with... watermelons
    now this i'd pay money to see!

Super Moderator
    Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    '"My dad stuffs his pockets clownishly with... watermelons"

now this i'd pay money to see!'

Too bad -- they're obscured by the ink stains from the pens.

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDel View Post
    I have a Cocoa/Wasabi small Cafe Bag (...)
    Its a very good size for many things, but is slightly too small for 8-1/2" x 11" paper or similar sized magazines without bending or folding them.
    I tried the small as well, but ended up going with a medium for that very reason. The medium is just big enough to accommodate the 9" x 11.5" binder I carry to work one or two days a week, but still small enough that it doesn't feel oversized the rest of the time when it's filled only halfway. Ideally sized, really.

On the issue of man-baggish appropriateness or lack thereof, I have to say it is slightly pursey-looking, albeit in an outdoorsy kind of way. I've gotten used to it though.
    Last edited by mplsnst; 06-05-2009 at 11:44 AM.

I dug up an older, MEC shoulder bag I had and asked my wife if it could work with a suit or more formal situation. Nope. I figure I have to pursue a leather, microfibre, or something similar.

How about these? http://store.saddlebackleather.com/c...s-Leather-Bags

Yummy! Indiana Jones! Expensive!

Volunteer Moderator
    My dad stuffs his pockets clownishly with... watermelons
    LOL, maverick! I didn't even notice that timothy mentioned watermelons until you pointed it out there!!!

Well... after a lot of thought (and bugging my wife for her opinion), I think I'm going to give up on the Saddleback satchel idea. I love the leather, but it's a lot of money, and to be honest, I'm not sure it fits with how I pack things.

Wouldn't it be great if TB made a microfibre or "luxurious" Cafe Bag? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ozone View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if TB made a microfibre or "luxurious" Cafe Bag? :-)
    I think the Ultrasuede bags may fit that bill when they arrive. I just ordered another medium cafe bag (this time in Linen.)
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

My dad stuffs his pockets clownishly with giant wallet, books, cans of soda, watermelons, magnets, balls of wax, combs, a set of keys that will get you into or out of any major historical prison (by bending gravity enough to distort bars), utility knives, paint, lightbulbs, garage door openers, batteries, notepads, newspapers, cassettes, razors, rope, clamps, golf-balls, bookshelves, and string.
    My purse used to be like that, I had about 10 uneaten clif bars in my purse at one time. I'm pretty sure my purse was a black hole. I'm down to two clif bars and some gum now in my Ristretto. My keys sadly have only lightened by one key chain over this past weekend.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0